Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Walmart Discounts TDOS Sets Up To 24% Off

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Walmart Discounts TDOS Sets Up To 24% Off

Postby Staff » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:25 pm

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush

The good news: Walmart is applying a discount on all of the The Desolation of Smaug LEGO sets as high as 24% off. The bad news: all but one of the sets are unavailable for delivery, meaning you'll have to order online and go to your local store to pick up.

Other good news: LEGO Shop@Home has all of the Smaug sets in stock AND you'll get a free Hobbit poster with any purchase. Other bad news: no discount.

The Desolation of Smaug sets at Walmart

Thanks to Darth Caedus for writing it in.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/12/12/walmart-discounts-tdos-sets-up-to-24-off/
Staff

Re: Walmart Discounts TDOS Sets Up To 24% Off

Postby batsamd » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Went to a local Walmart that had 79012 Mirkwood Elf Army set in stock tonight. They had it for full price, $29.99, told the lady walmart.com had it for $25 and she told me that Walmart stores no longer price match the website.

She says they quit doing that a while back. I hadn't heard about that, has anyone else?

I ended up not picking up the set just because I was ticked off they wouldn't price match. I can order it online and do store pick up at that location, but I can't get a price match, that seems stupid to me.
batsamd

Postby wegj » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:47 pm

but then you would have to go to walmart..
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby Darth Caedus » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Update - looks like all of them are in stock for free shipping to home!
Darth Caedus

Postby dWhisper » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:51 am

You can always do "Pick Up Today" online and get the same price, in the store. You can even do it from the mobile app and usually pick them up quickly. I did that for this sale, and have the Ambush set waiting for me at one of my local stores.

As to the price match, that's always been at the discretion of the store managers. Walmart.com says everywhere that prices may vary in stores, and they' don't typically do the match there. Kind of the downside to doing all of the Amazon and Target.com instant-matches, since there's not an easy way to verify or control (or more frequently, even keep stock in the stores when that happens).
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Return to Finds/Deals