Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Hobbit: DoS Polybag Set

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

New Hobbit: DoS Polybag Set

Postby Clavius » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:46 pm

I hadn't seen this mentioned before so I'm guessing it's new. I found this at a TRU in Windsor Ontario Canada this afternoon. I actually live across the border just North of Detroit but I hop across every now and then.

Clavius

Re: New Hobbit: DoS Polybag Set

Postby onions » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:26 am

thanks for the tip! posted!
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby xowainx » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:41 am

If anyone in Canada or the States could obtain me a few of these, I would be eternally greatful, and I have plenty of polys to trade in return (or cash!).
xowainx

Postby dWhisper » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:46 am

Yeah, I need a whole mess of these... but I don't wanna go to TRU!
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Darth Caedus » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:14 am

I bought 8 of these when they were on TRU.com (first 4 when they were full price, second 4 when they were BOGO50). A painful amount to pay for polybags but selling 2 of them on ebay recouped the amount that I had spent on all of them, so I'm thankful for that - all about striking when the anvil is hot, as the first and third LTG polybags sold on ebay, I was able to get about $25 net profit on each one of them; now they sell for about $12 a pop.

I'd really love to be able to get another half-dozen IRL at the store and not have to pay shipping so I can army build a solid squad. Given the fearmongering about no 3rd LOTR wave over at Eurobricks, I'm anticipating that we may never be able to build the ultimate army of Man - Gondorian Warriors - so I'm keen to build up some Lake-Men in lieu of that.

This is by far the best polybag Lego has put out for the Tolkien line - I got like 8 or so of the Mirkwood Elf, but he pales in comparison to the visually appealing design of the Lego Lake-man. Honestly, only a few things could top this at this point in my book for the Free Peoples: a polybag for a Gondorian, Noldor, Numenorean, or armored Mirkwood Elf from TDOS.
Darth Caedus

Postby Ultron32 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Awesome. Cheapest way to get flat silver arms, I really want one or two of these.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby thelegodr » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:42 am

I'd love to find some of these. They sold out online really quickly (naturally) so next time I should bite the bullet and pay that price. These are way better than the Mirkwood Elf polybags from last year which are lame compared to the new Mirkwood elf in the new sets.

Last I checked my TRU didn't have them. I'm in the middle of the country, so maybe it will eventually come here??? We aren't always so lucky.
thelegodr

Postby Hunter » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:00 pm

TRU in Ottawa had ~ 8-12 of these as of 4:00pm on Dec 17th, if anyone in the area is looking.
Hunter

Postby ufjason » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:48 pm

eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:04 pm

was able to get them in store with the 25 bucks off 100 deal.
crazybirdman

Postby naugem » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Thanks for the tip! Two coworkers ordered Y-Wings and I was able to piggy-back with one of this (as I already have the Y-Wing).
naugem

Return to Finds/Deals