Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby MShiels » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:09 am

We are near the border of Oakville/Mississauga in Ontario, CAnada. 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5, Mississauga.

Most of our buyers are from the local area, but when it comes close to Christmas, we get people coming from as far away as Windsor, North Bay, and Kingston, many hours away. There are no LEGO Brand stores in Canada so we are the closest thing now/probably have a better variety of 'sets'.

But the local are used to have 5 private LEGO only stores, now down to '2', but one re-opened under new management, so back to '3'. One to the East of Toronto, one near Kitchener/StJacobs, and us to the West of Toronto. Locally quite a few small toy stores are going under/have gone under so that cuts even further into places for LEGO shopping.
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby stevenli » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:38 am

legofactory wrote:
Draykov wrote:Given the proximity this disappearance has to the slew of new Indy sets at similar price-points being released this summer, I'd say you can count on retirement. The "2-year-rule" has become more and more unpredictable in recent years. Given the increased licensing and large volume of selection across themes, that's not too surprising. My recommendation to anyone who doesn't have these sets and wants them is to start hitting up Bricklink or retail sources ASAP.

Draykov, i totally agree with you. Trust me, these sets ARE retired sets now. Retail stores will no longer be able to order them anymore as they are not being produced any longer. What they have left is from their warehouse/storage. They have NO CHANCE of getting this set back. Called a shop at home rep and they said these sets are now discontinued. They are preparing spaces for the new LEGO indiana jones sets. The next indiana jones will probably be temple escape. However, they still have a decent amount to last a few months. But you never know...

Here are some sets that are now discontinued: (In other words, they will start to be harder to find now)
Star Wars:
7667 Imperial Dropship
7668 Rebel Scout Speeder
7671 AT-AP walker
7672 Rogue Shadow

Indiana Jones:
7626 Temple Escape
7621 Lost Tomb
7620 Motorcycle Chase
7662 Race for Stolen Treasure.

So, to recap the above.......
None of these are officially are on the disco list....right?
stevenli

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:53 am

Well, it seems like retailers can still order them. Whether they are in production right now or not, only LEGO knows. But the fact is that LEGO tells retailers that these items are available for order.
Daz Hoo

Postby MShiels » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:06 am

Star Wars:
7667 Imperial Dropship - orderable/waiting on a replenishment
7668 Rebel Scout Speeder - orderable/waiting on a replenishment
7671 AT-AP walker - orderable/waiting on a replenishment
7672 Rogue Shadow - orderable/shipping now

Indiana Jones:
7623 Temple Escape - orderable/shipping now
7621 Lost Tomb - orderable/waiting on a replenishment
7620 Motorcycle Chase - orderable/shipping now
7622 Race for Stolen Treasure - sold out last year actually - this was not even in our order sheet at all this year

Replenishment dates are unknown to the dealers/but there is a scheduled inbound order of stock that will become available, so the item is for sure not yet 'gone'.
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby The Brain » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:23 pm

^^I always see all of the above sets on my local TRU's shelves (except for the SW ones, but recently, they actually did get another shipment, so they're all there again), so I don't think these can be considered discontinued yet. But I still picked up a couple of Imperial Dropships, just in case I'll never get another chance. ;)
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Puddleglum » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:44 pm

The Brain wrote:^^I always see all of the above sets on my local TRU's shelves (except for the SW ones, but recently, they actually did get another shipment, so they're all there again), so I don't think these can be considered discontinued yet. But I still picked up a couple of Imperial Dropships, just in case I'll never get another chance. ;)

In my experience TRU is usually the last place to run out of sets when they are discontinued. Anyways, the point MShiels is making is that yes, all those sets (except Race for the Stolen Treasure) are still available to retailers for reorder.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby firestorm » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:34 pm

Guys, if you still want to order race for the stolen treasure at MSRP price..... you can still order them at Star Wars Shop.
Heres there link: http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/produc ... _id=408120 Its currently $29.99 USD. And most places you can't find them anymore or is really rare even at ToysRUs.
firestorm

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:50 pm

This product is currently unavailable.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby Puddleglum » Fri May 01, 2009 4:35 am

There are plenty of copies of Race for the Stolen Treasure on BricLink at sub-MSRP prices, but I think this discussion has gotten sidetracked.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby firestorm » Fri May 01, 2009 12:28 pm

ThinkingImpaired wrote:This product is currently unavailable.

I'm pretty sure it was still there yesterday. You can actually still add it to your basket. I think someone viewing this forum brought all of it or most of it? Cause they have no limit on how much you can purchase.

But i'm 100% positive it was there. I typed in LEGO on star wars shop today and i couldn't find it anymore meaning its now sold out.
firestorm

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals