Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby MShiels » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:36 am

Most of those sets the retailers can still order like

7620/1/3 - all available/shipping - not even waiting for replenishment

The star wars are a mixed bunch - not marked sold out at all - so waiting on replenishment in some cases
but 7672 is listed available- in other words dealers can still order/get it shipped.

BUT I think shop@home has decided that certain items/they no longer wish to carry, just fine by me, since it means the rest of us get a crack at inventory they normally have a higher priority to getting.
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada, home of Lasting Toys

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby Draykov » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:09 pm

MShiels wrote:...but 7672 is listed available- in other words dealers can still order/get it shipped.


I wouldn't assume that just because LEGO Shop@Home is still distributing directly to their own customers that they are also distributing to retailers in bulk.
Hail Space!
Image
Draykov
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: Lone Star

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby firestorm » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:01 pm

Y
MShiels wrote:Most of those sets the retailers can still order like

7620/1/3 - all available/shipping - not even waiting for replenishment

The star wars are a mixed bunch - not marked sold out at all - so waiting on replenishment in some cases
but 7672 is listed available- in other words dealers can still order/get it shipped.


No they cannot. LEGO has discontinued all these sets. You may still see them for sale at your wal-mart or toysrus because it is their leftover stock. They won't be able to place more orders from LEGO. Once its gone, its gone.

Also, lego shop is the same idea. They only have a certain amount and won't produce anymore.
firestorm
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:40 am

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby MShiels » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:33 am

Well this is from our dealer price list, just updated in the last few days, so YES these are STILL ORDERABLE. Kinda hard to argue with an order sheet that says it's available, updated from LEGO's dealer warehouse stock list. What proof do you have they discontinued them? Just that shop@home sold them off, not exactly proof.
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada, home of Lasting Toys

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 am

Gotta side with Michael on that one. I know for a fact that some independant dealers actually ordered and received their 7620 just last month.

So Shop At Home might be sold out of those sets right now, but it doesn't mean they are discontinued.
Daz Hoo
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:56 am
Location: Laval, Québec, Canada

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby MShiels » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:10 am

And I just wanted to make sure people knew that stock has not yet run out, once it's out of stock at LEGO warehouse, then it's discontinued since you can't get any more. But most of the current star wars are shipping quite well, which is great vs prior years of little/no stock.
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada, home of Lasting Toys

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby meeotch » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:15 am

I think the problem is you didn't originally state you were looking at any source other than the one most of us have access to: the Shop @ Home status. If you're referencing some esoteric "Dealer Order Sheet" and not stating that, you shouldn't really respond snootily when others call you out on what appears to be bad information on your part.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Portland

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:16 pm

meeotch wrote:I think the problem is you didn't originally state you were looking at any source other than the one most of us have access to: the Shop @ Home status. If you're referencing some esoteric "Dealer Order Sheet" and not stating that, you shouldn't really respond snootily when others call you out on what appears to be bad information on your part.


Personally, I think you're the one being snotty right there. MShiels, who has been a long standing member here as well as being a very respected Bricklink dealer, has access to information unavailable to the common customer (like the Dealer Order sheet that isn't that esoteric). As so, he is just trying to provide some FREE and USEFUL information for our members out there.

Maybe you should check your facts before you accuse people of being snotty.
Daz Hoo
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:56 am
Location: Laval, Québec, Canada

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby onions » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Daz Hoo wrote:
meeotch wrote:I think the problem is you didn't originally state you were looking at any source other than the one most of us have access to: the Shop @ Home status. If you're referencing some esoteric "Dealer Order Sheet" and not stating that, you shouldn't really respond snootily when others call you out on what appears to be bad information on your part.


Personally, I think you're the one being snotty right there. MShiels, who has been a long standing member here as well as being a very respected Bricklink dealer, has access to information unavailable to the common customer (like the Dealer Order sheet that isn't that esoteric). As so, he is just trying to provide some FREE and USEFUL information for our members out there.

Maybe you should check your facts before you accuse people of being snotty.


i think meeotch was saying that mshiels didn't state his source of his information to begin with, and that's why the perception of his post came off the way it did. let's give some new members a little leeway here.
onions
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby meeotch » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:45 pm

Daz Hoo wrote:Personally, I think you're the one being snotty right there. MShiels, who has been a long standing member here as well as being a very respected Bricklink dealer, has access to information unavailable to the common customer (like the Dealer Order sheet that isn't that esoteric). As so, he is just trying to provide some FREE and USEFUL information for our members out there.

Maybe you should check your facts before you accuse people of being snotty.


The facts that I had access to are this: I've been on this board actively participating since I first registered. While I grant that this has been but a few months, the simple fact is that I didn't recognize this person's nick, so I have no way of knowing their status as being long-standing or well-respected. I have a pretty decent memory, and while I'll be the first to admit it's not perfect, I just don't remember seeing this person active before. So in a thread about S @ Home sales and deals, it's fair to assume that what the person is talking about, in absense of a stated departure from the topic, is the S @ Home status. To me, it just looked like someone new who had a different interpretation of the same data in question. At this point, I still hadn't chimed in. But then in their response, to almost come across as thought they thought others were the stupid ones for not reading their minds (this interpretation, btw, I am gleaning from their use of certain capitalized words for emphasis) seemed particularly uncalled for. How many people ask themselves a rhetorical question and then answer it while not being jerks? I'll tell you. :lol: But seriously, other than perhaps my use of the phrase "some esoteric" (which can be construed as "snotty" in your words), how is what I said at all inaccurate?
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Portland

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby ricefields » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Mshiels used the words "retailer" and "dealer" in his original post, which is enough indication in my mind that he has other information (beyond shop@home) backing up his comments regarding the stock of certain lego items.
ricefields
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:53 pm
Location: ON CAN

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby Ara » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Look, just quit the bickering in the US threads you hosers. :lol: MShiels is a long time member of FBTB and a prominent Bricklink seller. He has a real LEGO shop with a larger inventory than any TRU, Walmart or Target would have at any time. I can't really speak for him but I'm sure he is privy to dealer info. Misunderstanding resolved!
Ara
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: Toronto Canada

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby firestorm » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:31 pm

Ara wrote:He has a real LEGO shop with a larger inventory than any TRU, Walmart or Target would have at any time.
Is that sarcaism? In otherwords, i think you may be joking? Cause I don't think a single person or even a toy shop can have as big of an inventory as TRU, walmart or target....

I do believe he probably has a big inventory but not as much as the worldwide chain of ToysRUs with over 1500 stores worldwide.... Only LEGO shop would probably have a bigger inventory than ToysRUs.

However, its not akward to see dealers still being able to order these LEGO sets. Small toy stores / hobbies stores usually have the "new" LEGO sets at a later time than the major big toy chains like toysrus and wal-mart.

Again, its only my opinon that I believe theres no more of these sets. I even checked with my local ToysRUs and Zellers store and asked them to check where this set is availble in their stores. Turns out very few or no store carries them any longer. But if you ask yourself, I think many of us may already start to notice that these sets (e.x Imperial Dropship, Rogue Shadow) are already getting harder and harder to find compare to newer LEGO sets such as the republic attack shuttle and the hyena droid bomber. Sure you still may be able to pick up the rogue shadow or imperial dropship, but they are not as common as when they first came out.

There are 2 reasons :
1. Shelve Space for newer LEGO sets
2. Discontinued / not produced anymore sets
firestorm
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:40 am

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby MShiels » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:00 pm

And by 'larger' I think he means variety. And no I didn't want to start arguments etc, but make sure people realized that this stuff is still free flowing to anyone who wants it. The big chains DON'T WANT IT, because they limit the shelf space for LEGo severly. We only carry LEGO and as a result have 3500+ unique sets in our inventory, over 110,000 items in total. BUT just our Star Wars display area in the store is a 8x8 foot shelving unit, going back 2-3, sometimes 4 years in stock. People go kinda insane at the store, and there are more and more avid stores like us, who can still order this stuff in. Shop@home is just like any other dealer/like TRU/walmart/Zellers/Target, they can buy or pass, and right now they are passing on most of the old stuff, which is fine, we'll keep buying/stashing in our warehouse for now. No offence was intended with any messages, just trying to make sure the stories are straight. but alot of it is wording as well. Discontinued means what? out of stock? shop@Home stops selling? LEGO stops making? NO ONE outside of LEGO knows when they decide to stop making a set, it's listed as 'full year' but quite often is gone in say July. It's a crazy world now since LEGO pretty well sells out all items, long before the planned end of life for the items. Rarely do they ever have to discount stock to get it sold off. Sorry to ramble, but we just got that big update on what's

GONE/sold out period - ie no more stock for anyone to roder, unless a big chain passes/refuses to accept an order they have stock reserved for.
- 8154, 8631/2/4, 7048, Mistika

Some items are free flowing - which means stock is available/unallocated to big chains - and alot of stuff is flowing now most TECHNIC, most of the StarWars for this year

But alot of stuff is marked - waiting for stock.
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada, home of Lasting Toys

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby MShiels » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Wow, I didn't realize I had created such a controversy. Honestly I was just making sure people know that there will still be stock in the market, but hit the smaller places for the stock probably. The ones who will try and keep the stuff around as long as they can. We still have stuff at retail price 3-4 years later, and for sure the chains won't bother to try and keep it that long, they may get stuck with it that long if they are in a slow sales area. But I know quite often the LEGO stores still have stock flowing in to them, after shop@home has sold out.

Heck it's only 'toys' right, he he.
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada, home of Lasting Toys

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby Draykov » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:42 pm

onions wrote:let's give some new members a little leeway here.


Go ahead and give me some too, while you're at it. SInce the move to the new site, I've been having a hard time keeping track of who is credible and who isn't. I took for granted how useful those avatars were for recognizing folks. :)
Hail Space!
Image
Draykov
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: Lone Star

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby Ara » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:55 am

firestorm wrote:
Ara wrote:He has a real LEGO shop with a larger inventory than any TRU, Walmart or Target would have at any time.
Is that sarcaism? In otherwords, i think you may be joking? Cause I don't think a single person or even a toy shop can have as big of an inventory as TRU, walmart or target....

I do believe he probably has a big inventory but not as much as the worldwide chain of ToysRUs with over 1500 stores worldwide.... Only LEGO shop would probably have a bigger inventory than ToysRUs.


Ok peeps. I realize that we humans can barely read anymore but I don't think I was that cryptic. Why are you leaving out the word "any" from my statement? Now you've thrown it out of context and introduced entire chains of stores into the discussion when I was referring to the inventory of single stores. Communication is such a dying art :(
Last edited by Ara on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ara
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: Toronto Canada

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby Puddleglum » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:09 am

MShiels wrote:We only carry LEGO and as a result have 3500+ unique sets in our inventory, over 110,000 items in total. BUT just our Star Wars display area in the store is a 8x8 foot shelving unit, going back 2-3, sometimes 4 years in stock.


I guess this is a bit off topic, but I'm curious, where is your store located?
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:01 am
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby firestorm » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:14 pm

MShiels wrote:The ones who will try and keep the stuff around as long as they can. We still have stuff at retail price 3-4 years later, and for sure the chains won't bother to try and keep it that long, they may get stuck with it that long if they are in a slow sales area.


Thats exactly what i meant. Big stores will most likely not have "old" LEGO sets anymore as they want new stuff coming in. I do believe you MShiels that you have a big assortment and is still able to order from LEGO. I'm not trying to argue or be offensive in any way so if anyone was "mad".... don't take it personally.
firestorm
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:40 am

Re: [US] LEGO S@H Sales and Deals

Postby ricefields » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Puddleglum wrote:
MShiels wrote:We only carry LEGO and as a result have 3500+ unique sets in our inventory, over 110,000 items in total. BUT just our Star Wars display area in the store is a 8x8 foot shelving unit, going back 2-3, sometimes 4 years in stock.


I guess this is a bit off topic, but I'm curious, where is your store located?


He is located on the outskirts of Toronto, Canada.
ricefields
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:53 pm
Location: ON CAN

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests