Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Review: 6862 Superman vs. Power Armor Lex

The official Lego set review forum. Please read the Guidelines before posting!

Re: Review: 6862 Superman vs. Power Armor Lex

Postby majortom » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:17 am

I picked this up from a local toy store recently, after seeing this review. It's is a pretty solid set, the 'power-armour' component is a pretty simple build, I know I'm not exactly the target demographic, but I'm sure that about ten years ago, I'd have found the concept of this set very appealing.

I primarily bought this set for the figs, given the reasonable price tag, I could justify spending the £20 on the Superman and Wonder Woman figs and treating the rest of the set as parts pack(albeit an arguably limited and slightly more expensive one). I did appreciate the selection of parts though, there are a good few that will definitely see use in some upcoming MOCS; there's a nice selection of green and purple bricks that seem to be absent in the Star Wars sets that I've been buying over the last few years, as well as the clear hoses (hit up bricklink for the parts breakdown).

The back printing on all the figs is a nice touch (even Lex Luthor's suit is back printed) and the figures are pretty good representations of two of the world's most famous superheroes. Lex's and Superman's faces are pretty much identical; I'd really have appreciated some 'unique-ness' here, especially with Superman being such a famous character. And Wonder Woman isn't wearing her indestructable bracelets, I was actually very disappointed when I realised this. What? It's a pretty major oversight! That being said, it's awesome to have official LEGO DC superheroes! Looking forward to the rest of the Justice League, especially The Flash and Aquaman!

Thanks for another great review, FBTB!
majortom

Previous

Return to Reviews