Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Ninjago review: 2504 Spinjitzu Dojo

The official Lego set review forum. Please read the Guidelines before posting!

Ninjago review: 2504 Spinjitzu Dojo

Postby bidoofdude » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:32 am

Hi guys, this is Bidoofdude from Australia and today I will review the Ninjago 2504 Spinjitzu Dojo.
I know the Australian dollar is higher than the US dollar but they get lower prices. But I saw this offer from a catalogue for Big W in the newspaper. They had this set for $50 AUD, which is the same regular price for the dojo in the USA. My mum even called the Big W store in the city to make sure they had it. Unfortunately they didn't have it. So we got in the car and drove up to Altona Meadows to pick it up. I got the set and my brother got the Skull motorbike set. Anyway, i was really pleased.
I'll start with the figs like I normally do. First we have the Skeleton Lightning general, Nuckal. He has a great new head mold. I think he should've been in the earth dragon set, but he had to be in some first wave set. So i guess it's this one.
Next we have Zane in normal ninja suit. He has big grey pike which is almost double his size in height. The grey colour of the pike makes it look icy but I think silver would've looked more ninja-ish.
The next and last fig is probably the highlight of the set; Sensei Wu. He come with his special dragon spinner and cards, one from each element. Even though I don't exactly play the game, it's nice to have a spinner just for playability. He has his stick. His character card shows his gold staff, but he doesn't come with it. Just this ordinary brown stick. At least it's something. The figs are pretty good and Nuckal is a pretty rare fig, same with normal Sensei.
Onto the dojo. On the box it show lots of play functions to use. I have a real problem with the trap function on this model.
In the instructions and on the box, it shows the plate on the dojo flying out. But when I tried, it just wobbled to left and got stuck in the bottom of the dojo. whenever you just leave it, the trigger at the back weighs down causing the plate to go unstable.
Another play feature is the spinning swords ont he wall. These use a gear system to turn. These worked pretty well. On the left is some falling axes that you push from the back. They fall fast but after they drop they are hard to get up again without it tipping over or something. This is a nice set and the play features are pretty good. The box makes it look really big, but it is smaller than you think. Anyway, I would rate this set a 5.5 out of ten. Merry Christmas and have a good holiday. thank you, bye!
For all you people out there that think us Aussies are primitive and have Kangaroos in our backyard, think again. Australia uses the most electricity in the world.We live in cities and not huts and you Yanks have weird accents.
bidoofdude

Return to Reviews