Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack Review

The official Lego set review forum. Please read the Guidelines before posting!

8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack Review

Postby RfAurora » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:38 pm

I got this battle pack today, and decided to give a review.
1) Minifigures: This battle pack comes with 2 Hoth Rebel Troopers, 1 Hoth Officer, and a Rebel pilot named Zev Senesca. All the Troopers and officer share the same helmet, and they are very different from teh previous years troopers found n the Hoth Playset. These helmets are accurate as seen in The Empire Strikes Back, and the upper area of the helmet even includes notches to hold the goggles on and separate notches to have the goggles over the eyes. As with the Snowtrooper Batlte Pack, this one contains a mini figure out of his element by fighting on the ground instead of in a snow speeder. Zev Senesca also has a brand new minifig head with an orange strip painted across the top of the head to represent the visor of the helmet.
2) Vehicle and Emplacement: This set came with a thing that I'm not sure what it is supposed to be. It looks like a mini mobie weapon emplacement as it has flick fire missles and a rotating laser cannon. The image on the box and instructions implies it moves, but nothing on it comes close to looking like an engine. It also has an upright 2x2x2 container in front of the gun emplacement that seems to serve no purpose.
3) Playabilit: If this is a vehicle, it has no real swishablity as it is meant to glide across a smooth surfae. All in all, just a rebel trooper battle pack with an ok side set.
RfAurora

Re: 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack Review

Postby sealslip3 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:32 pm

The vehicle is supposed to be a Laser Ice Cutter, which is kind of random to me, and not particularly exciting. But I suppose battle packs are mainly purchased for the figures anyway- that's why I decided to get this one. I'm very fond of the minifigures, particularly the new Rebel Troopers.
sealslip3

Postby Solo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Thank you for that, I didn't know that vehicle existed before Lego designed the set. What other battle pack oddities have pre-set origins that I've written off as designers on a rampage?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby sealslip3 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

Haha I'm not sure, I think most of the battle pack vehicles have been a mix between actual vehicles and rampant designers :lol:
sealslip3

Return to Reviews