Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

8086 Droid Tri-Fighter Review

The official Lego set review forum. Please read the Guidelines before posting!

8086 Droid Tri-Fighter Review

Postby RfAurora » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:09 pm

I picked up the new Droid Tri-Fighter today, and thought I would give it a little review.
1) Mini-figures: This set comes with 2 Rocket Droids and 1 rocket Droid Commander. The rocket droids share the same building style as the ones in the Hyena Droid Bomber, and the Droid Commander has a yellow stripe on the top of his head and a yellow dot on his chest.
2) Playability: The Fighter has a standard swishability, same as other sets of the same size, and adds teh flickfire missles just below the cockpit.
3) Parts and Build: At 268 pieces, the Tri-Fighter seems an ok buy at $25 at Walmart. The build is way more detailed and technical than its earlier counterpart and even features new pieces. The cockpit attaches to the engine/wing assembly by a relatively short 3 peg length cross axle, and with no relative picture of how far the axle inserts into the back of the brick, it doesnt attach to the second Y-shaped technic piece, and is the only thing I foresee replacing on this set.
4) Opinion: Overall, I like this set, the only thing I could see being done different is taking out 1 of the rocket droids and inserting a Buzz Droid. I also got a piece that was slightly milky light grey translucent, and considered it lucky, so I made it the middle piece of the top wing.
RfAurora

Return to Reviews