Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

8016 - Hyena Droid Bomber Review

The official Lego set review forum. Please read the Guidelines before posting!

8016 - Hyena Droid Bomber Review

Postby dWhisper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Place holder (I can only come up with so many witty things to put in here)
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Re: 8016 - Hyena Droid Bomber Review

Postby Diaaabo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:22 am

Parts:

Bigger quantity and quality than I was waiting for. Quite a lot of dark blue and dark bley tiles and slopes.

The build:

Easy, done in half an hour. Not boring, contrary to how it might look. Even though it does not use any exquisite technique, the bombing mechanism is interesting.

Design:

Since it only appeared in one episode of the CW series, I thought it was a bold move from TLC to release this set. Nonetheless, the design and functions are pretty good.

Playability:

*SWOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHH!*

*Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... BOOOM BOOOM BOOOM BOOOM!*

As a bomber, it allows you to swoosh and to blow things up. As soon as I built it, I was jumping around the room bombarding the AT-TEs eheh XD

The 3 minifigs were exclusive until the 2010 sets; but I don't think they fit well with the set. For those who start with this set, they make excelent targets to bomb them though.

Others:

Way too many stickers... and like I said before, I don't think the minifigs fit with this set. I already ordered one more of these from BL but with no minifigs. I think it's a great ship for a CIS army builder.

Conclusion:

Like I said, this set fails with the stickers. I don't think it's overpriced, but that's kind of psychological factor. Aside from it, I really like this set and most of all the bombing mechanism.
Diaaabo

Return to Reviews