Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

8016 - Hyena Droid Bomber Review

The official Lego set review forum. Please read the Guidelines before posting!

8016 - Hyena Droid Bomber Review

Postby dWhisper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Place holder (I can only come up with so many witty things to put in here)
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.

Re: 8016 - Hyena Droid Bomber Review

Postby Diaaabo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:22 am

Bigger quantity and quality than I was waiting for. Quite a lot of dark blue and dark bley tiles and slopes.

The build:

Easy, done in half an hour. Not boring, contrary to how it might look. Even though it does not use any exquisite technique, the bombing mechanism is interesting.

Since it only appeared in one episode of the CW series, I thought it was a bold move from TLC to release this set. Nonetheless, the design and functions are pretty good.

*Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... BOOOM BOOOM BOOOM BOOOM!*

As a bomber, it allows you to swoosh and to blow things up. As soon as I built it, I was jumping around the room bombarding the AT-TEs eheh XD

The 3 minifigs were exclusive until the 2010 sets; but I don't think they fit well with the set. For those who start with this set, they make excelent targets to bomb them though.

Way too many stickers... and like I said before, I don't think the minifigs fit with this set. I already ordered one more of these from BL but with no minifigs. I think it's a great ship for a CIS army builder.

Like I said, this set fails with the stickers. I don't think it's overpriced, but that's kind of psychological factor. Aside from it, I really like this set and most of all the bombing mechanism.

Return to Reviews