Just finished putting this together myself, and I have to say I'm rather disappointed.
1) It's about the same size as the Republic Cruiser, but includes another 500 pieces, which (to me) means that a lot of the build is rather exhausting and uninteresting.
2)They sort of designed it as a playset with a few play features, but parts of the completed model are kinda fragile, so you get the worst of both worlds. The play features ultimately lead to compromised details, and the fragility of the final product prohibits taking advantage of most of the play features.
3) Some of the infrastructure is not adequately "dressed up", in my opinion, so in some ways the model looks a little unfinished.
4) As far as the details go, some of the details are quite good, some are grossly characterized to accommodate play features or the "system" scale (i.e. some things are "cartoony"),and a few are absent entirely.
5) No landing gear or display stand? This thing is just waiting to tip over and pop a few pieces (or, God-forbid, fall off the shelf and crash into A LOT of pieces. . .).
6) There straight-up is a hole in the top-side fuselage, just in front of the forward turret. WTF?!
I had a similar issue with the cockpit shells, too. The transparent top-shells do not match the color of the white bottom shells on mine, either. I think this is just due to the fact that the printed transparent plastic cannot possibly be as white as the white plastic (unless you primed and painted with true model paint). There are also a few holes or "skylights" in one of my transparent pieces, too. Some people had an issue with them being scratched right out of the box, but I think the ones I got just weren't printed well.