Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

7753 - Pirate Tank Review

The official Lego set review forum. Please read the Guidelines before posting!

7753 - Pirate Tank Review

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:35 am

At first I wasn't so sure about getting this set, but it helped me spend enough to get a second gold minifig so I cast my doubts aside.

Looks like LEGO is trying more to emphasize the exclusive minifigs. The Home One set had a big "Admiral Ackbar" label on it and this one is mainly about the "Weequay Pirates", as an equally big red label makes clear. I must say that the detail on the figures is amazing, particularly on the back.

The tank itself is actually quite a nice little number. Nothing mind-blowingly amazing, but I certainly don't regret getting it. My favourite part was building the two engine pods. Unfortunately the play features are nothing special. The pilot can "pop" up by a simple lever action - push down one end and the other comes up. There's not even a seat, Hondo has to sit on a bare 2x2 plate. In addition there are four flick-fire missiles - two at the front just below the blaster and two more at the back between the engines.

Finally note that the Pirate Tank appears quite a bit smaller than the Republic Fighter Tank:

The set on Flickr.
Gingerbeard Man

Re: 7753 - Pirate Tank Review

Postby Obi-Wan Skywalker » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:50 am

Thanks so much gingerbread man I owe you one.
Quoting Firespray
There is no Ace, The Ace is a lie.

My flickr... http://www.flickr.com/photos/42848399@N03/
Obi-Wan Skywalker

Postby MrCRskater » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:38 pm

It appears there are a lot of stickers involved with this set, are any of those parts printed?
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby banthafodder » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:25 pm

No printed parts in this set other than the minifigs which I agree are well done. I too really like this hover tank. My only complaint about it is that, like Dooku's solar sailor, they seemed to have stopped the design process at the back of the vehicle. It is easily fixed with a 2x6 plate and some greebles but I think this could have been included. I also agree that the rocket pods are very well done.
banthafodder

Postby jameshope » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:04 am

The tank hasn't much space inside for the pirates, but it is a nice tank with (again) "cool" flick-fire missles. default_hmpf.gif
Three minifigures with two exculisve ones are nice but why Obi-Wan and not a new Jar-Jar and a clone.
jameshope

Return to Reviews