Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

5972-Container Heist

The official Lego set review forum. Please read the Guidelines before posting!

5972-Container Heist

Postby findyourfix » Thu May 21, 2009 7:02 am

Hey Everyone,
I know this set isn't SW, but this third iteration of Space Police has a ton of potential. AFOLs and kids alike have much to gain from the sets, and for us SW fans, a load of MOC motivation can come from the SP3 line-up. On with the review...

The Container Heist, like many of the new sets is modular build, and has a nice solid, swooshable construction. The yellow box section splits open smoothly, and uses friction pins for hinge resistance, so the toy isn't flopping about when on an adventure. The "space gun" mount pivots and swivels nicely, too The figures are highly detailed, and the alien fig has unique detail printing from head to toe. I allowed my 3 year old to take it for a spin, and the only problem he had was keeping antennae in place. All in all, a good set, and has a few new wing pieces (if they aren't I can;t recall what line they are from), and great stickers. I normally agree with the folks who side with printed bricks, but when I saw the decal sheet, I understood why they opted for decals instead. The designs are awesome, and bring out a rough, vandalized look on the space truck. I've been a SW lego fan since 99, and a lego fan period since 78. The only downside to the set is a distinct lack of underside detailing, and it looks unfinished. That aside, it was a good buy at 32 bucks, and should eventually provide excellent fodder for future MOCs, SW and otherwise.
findyourfix

Return to Reviews