Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Mysterious Magnet Set

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Mysterious Magnet Set

Postby Andi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 am

Today, I bought the Magnet Set 853126, which includes an AT-AT-Driver, Ben Kenobi (old) and a Tie Fighter Pilot.
It was not in the Lego Store at Friday, so today when I saw it, I thought, this must be new and bought it at once.
Now i discovered, that it is not available at Shop at Home, Google finds no results to this set. This makes me wonder if anyone of you have heard from this set or have it as well?

~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Re: Mysterious Magnet Set

Postby cas » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:06 pm

I believe new magnet sets and key chains are trickling out soon (or now in this case). This must be one of them. There's another new magnet set with a Episode III-style clone pilot and, I think, a winter-gear Anakin and a Talz (edit: source). Lego is low key with their accessory releases compared to sets, so I'm not surprised there is next to no information on it.

It's a shame about the glue.

Edit: For future reference, you might find this helpful, if you aren't already aware of it: Glued Magnet Removal
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:09 am

My Lego Store did have the from you mentioned Magnet set as well, but I didn't buy it.
But very strange, that there is no information at all about these things.

Thanks for the link, I tried my luck myself yesterday without researching the internet in advance. I am happy with the hot water method.
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby iamFLIP » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:30 pm

The question is... are the minifig parts glued together?
iamFLIP

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:58 pm

The torsos are glued to the legs and the legs are glued to the magnet base. That's all.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:47 am

iamFLIP wrote:The question is... are the minifig parts glued together?

You can remove the hands, arms, head, headgear, weapon, single legs. Just the torso and the hips are glued.
I read somewhere that this should loosen as well, if you put them into the hot water. But I haven't tried this (yet).
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Return to Ask LEGO