Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

6 and the City

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

6 and the City

Postby Jabba the Taff » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:43 am

Hi,

I was just wondering, is there an official reason LEGO has given for the move from 4-wide to 6-wide vehicles?

I've had a search but can't find anything that doesn't seem to be either possible reasons or opinions. Just come out of the dark ages and I really like the new size, the new garbage truck (7991) feels and looks more 'trucky' than the one from my youth (6693).

Thanks
Jabba T.T.
Jabba the Taff

Re: 6 and the City

Postby Joedward » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:37 am

Jabba the Taff wrote:...Just come out of the dark ages and I really like the new size...

Maybe that's the reason. Fans like it more...
Also, using jumper plates to make a half stud offset, it's possible to get a passanger into 6 wide vehicles.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Solo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:49 am

I'm guessing it's because 6 wide allows for more detail and thus more attractive designs.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Dalek Cann » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:23 am

...whilst still be able to use the origional wheel designs and not be too big (e.g. 8-wide).
Dalek Cann

Return to Ask LEGO