Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Why aren't "green" lightsabers green?

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Why aren't "green" lightsabers green?

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:36 am

I've always wondered about this, so I might as well ask. Why do all the lightsaber blades for folks with green lightsabers look more like yellow? I know they are more "greenish" than true trans. yellow would be, but why not just use trans. green? It seems to me that it would look better.
Mister Ed

Re: Why aren't "green" lightsabers green?

Postby Draykov » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:49 pm

I'm gonna go wtih "Lucasfilm enforced creative choice." George and/or his licensing cronies probably found trans-neon green to be closest in line to what they'd done with other products featuring green sabers. Case in point. I don't necessarily think it was the wrong aesthetic choice...regular trans green is a bit dark for a lightsaber blade.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:24 am

Fair enough. I don't agree (IMHO, trans-neon green is too light. If it looked like that action figure, I'd have no problem with it. I think, especially with any noticeable amount of light shining through them, trans-green is a better match), but it isn't really my opinion that matters I suppose.
Mister Ed

Postby dexterminator » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:48 pm

my idea is that it makes it look brighter to emphasize the glow like the bleu one, because if u pay attention to it its not very accurate either its just less obvious, either that or maybe its because it was an already existing colour and they didnt want to make new one for the lightsabers
dexterminator

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:13 am

Another cool thing about trans-light green blades is their glow under black light.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Return to Ask LEGO