Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

So quickly forgotten?

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

So quickly forgotten?

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:18 pm

As so many fans are left pining for a Padme figure (and myself a Jar-Jar and Watto), I've come to wonder: has the Prequel Trilogy been shelved as a point of inspiration for new LEGO sets? Are we now destined to live in a world of only Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War Legos?

*EDIT: it appears this thread was aptly named, as nobody has opted into the discussion and it has quickly dropped to the bottom of the forum :|
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Re: So quickly forgotten?

Postby speaknspell » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:22 am

I REMEMBER!!!

anyways, nothing is ever really shelved in terms of Material that can be drawn from for Star Wars sets. 08-09 just have a heavy emphasis on Clone Wars and frankly Clone Wars and PT have a great deal of cross-over. Never say never on anything though and keep requesting things.

I need fodder for my personal crusade to get another Padme figure.

Steve
Steve's Blog - Partially Obvious
speaknspell

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Thanks so much for your response, Steve! I understand that this year had to be devoted largely to the new Clone Wars series and that there is a lot of crossover. But I'm glad to hear that my hopes of more PT sets may not be in vain! My hope is that there will be another opportunity in the future to grab Jar-Jar, Geonosian, and Watto figs, not to mention everyone's deep interest in another Padme figure. Hopefully these will come about again in a traditional form (not the weird cartoon form).

Thank you!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:14 am

MrCRskater wrote:But I'm glad to hear that my hopes of more PT sets may not be in vain!

You young uns and your warped sense of time. If nothing new comes out for a particular movie in a year or two, you guys get all doom-and-gloom. ;)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:08 am

Well, I'm not THAT young, I do have a bachelor's degree. . . but you're right, I did grow up in the instant gratification generation. I'm just hoping we'll have another chance to get some of the figs, vehicles, and locales from EP I & II.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:14 am

I understand...but like Steve said, so long as LEGO holds the license, they could churn out an Episode I/II set whenever (allowing for the usual time to design/develop the model).
Hail Space!
Draykov

Return to Ask LEGO