Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Chrome Vader in the Summer sets?

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Chrome Vader in the Summer sets?

Postby Firespray » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:39 am

Just curious if the Chrome Vaders will be inserted into the upcoming Summer sets too or if it's only in the current 2009 sets?
Firespray

Re: Chrome Vader in the Summer sets?

Postby speaknspell » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:10 am

I don't know for a fact, but we use the C-3P0's as an example then the vader's will be inserted progressively though the whole year. so at this point probably only about a fourth of them are out there.

Steve
Steve's Blog - Partially Obvious
speaknspell

Postby Firespray » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:37 am

Hmm sounds like they probably will be inserted into the upcoming sets at some point this year if not all of them have been inserted yet.
Firespray

Postby bigospedros » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:47 pm

how is this thread allowed but a direct question about if and how the Chrome Vader will be released in Europe was not ?

Note : I'd still like to know about the European release ... if there is one.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:01 pm

Easy, Steve got here before I did. ;) And to be fair, Steve only had a guess for this answer as it is. But maybe he'll spot that thread and have some insight for you guys. He has the power to post in locked threads here you know.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby speaknspell » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:19 am

@Don - remember that when I guess its usually based on something solid. the way they distributed the 3P0's was very methodical and planned out because it had to be for it to work. Why would they come up with a completely different plan for something with the exact same concept? So yes I "guess" they would do the same thing, but at the same time I'd put money on it that this is what they're doing again.

@Bigospredos - sorry I don't always make it to the whole forum all the time, I try to at least keep decently up with this one since it's very focused. I have lots to do other than reading forums unfortunately :(

Steve
Steve's Blog - Partially Obvious
speaknspell

Postby bigospedros » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:12 pm

I wasn't having a go Steve ... although I'm still looking for an answer on Europe availability though? ;)
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby theJudeAbides » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:30 am

speaknspell wrote:I have lots to do other than reading forums unfortunately :(

Well, unless its developing and refining new sets, it can wait. :D
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby kbjork » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:31 pm

I'm sorry if this has been addresses elsewhere (if it has, please set me straight)... What sets could contain the chrome Vader? I was hoping to have a chance at getting one. Thanks!
kbjork

Postby Firespray » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:12 pm

kbjork wrote:I'm sorry if this has been addresses elsewhere (if it has, please set me straight)... What sets could contain the chrome Vader? I was hoping to have a chance at getting one. Thanks!

The 2009 Star Wars sets.
Firespray

Postby Teekay » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:37 pm

Supposedly minus the Battle Packs, but have heard reports of them being in there.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:59 pm

The newest Lego magazine just says they're available in "2009 Star Wars sets" but I would assume the bigger the set, the better chance it has.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby lordvader208 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:11 pm

Well, I bought the Republic Attack Shuttle, the biggest 2009 SW set so far, and no chromey vader. Not that I ever expected there to be one. :D In fact, I totally forgot about the chromey vader thing when I bought the set. i just wanted the darn shuttle cuz it looked so nice. It wasn't until a day later when I realized that I had failed to get chrome vader in my box.
lordvader208

Return to Ask LEGO