Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Re-Releases

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Re-Releases

Postby nave333 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:39 am

I have one question, how come lego doesnt re release any sets any more, they used to re release lots of sets in the 'old days'. my examples are the x wing I mean they have made like 4 different sets! 3 re-released. the y wing also, and the a wing
Jar-Jar will die...,Jar-Jar will die...,Jar-Jar will die...,Jar-Jar will die..., DIE Jar-Jar Binks!!!!!
:S :| :) >:)
nave333

Re: Re-Releases

Postby speaknspell » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:07 am

Well, at this point they prefer to do re-designs and updates as opposed to just re-releasing an older model. An example would be the 4502 X-wing (one with the Yoda Hut) which then became the 6212 X-wing (Hoth theme, with Wedge). Even though it was the same ship it was technically a re-design. The original Y-wing wasn't seen as up to snuff so it was replaced with the new version in 2007.

Its just the desire to have something new and exciting out there while maintaining consisent releases of familiar sets. 2008 and 2009 are heavily themed for Clone Wars though so that may be why you haven't seen new versions of some of the classic fighters in the last year or two.

Steve
Steve's Blog - Partially Obvious
speaknspell

Re: Re-Releases

Postby buhs » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Sad to hear that "2008 and 2009 are heavily themed for Clone Wars"... I really prefer the classic trilogy, and would like to see a re-release of some of the UCS sets... especially the x-wing! :S
buhs

Return to Ask LEGO