Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Lever Design

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

New Lever Design

Postby theJudeAbides » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:03 am

Steve,

I've bought a few sets recently that had a lever part that seemed a bit... different, but in a good way:

In the past, when I attached these pieces, I'd often do so slightly off the desired line of lever-action, and then struggle to right it only to have it shoot past too much the other way. I'd then try to detach the piece, which was usually fairly difficult, and try to reattach it again. This whole process would usually be repeated a few more times until I got it right or just stopped caring.

However, the new pieces are easily rotated on the studs and even detach without un-due rigamarole (but they still stay in place correctly as well). This has long been an annoyance of mine, and I'm glad you guys finally fixed it.

To keep this "Ask LEGO" and not "Tell LEGO what they already know," I've been wondering:
  1. What finally led to this change?
  2. What took you so long? This piece has been stubborn for years. It was practically a LEGO tradition.
  3. Who was responsible for this change and will you please hug him for me? (If it was you, just go ahead and hug yourself: you deserve it.)
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Re: New Lever Design

Postby Draykov » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:41 am

Apparently, quite a few parts are undergoing minor revisions these days.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: New Lever Design

Postby Iare Tosevite » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:14 pm

Nice. I like the change. :D
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Return to Ask LEGO