Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO VIP vs. Loyalty Card

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Re: LEGO VIP vs. Loyalty Card

Postby bluemoose » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:29 am

onions wrote:isn't the previous system completely going away?

Yes, it is. It'll run for a few months (maybe 6 or so), to allow people to finish off existing cards; after that you'll still be able to transfer old points to the new system for a little while, but eventually the old cards will no longer be valid even for transfer of stamps.

Ian
bluemoose

Postby fredjh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:33 am

So... just made a decent order on S@H and there's nothing about the VIP cards on there yet, which is disappointing. Oh, I was at the store the other day, but they didn't have what I ordered online. I could have ordered at the store (and even saved S&H), but I ordered a complicated mix of pick-a-brick and wasn't going to stand there for a half hour in the store making the selections.

So, I recall people saying they could bring their loyalty cards in and get credit for online purchases (I guess it may have been up to the whim of who you were dealing with), and I'm wondering if the same applies to VIP.
fredjh

Postby GIR3691 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:02 pm

I got the VIP newsletter saying that the VIP rewards are going to be expanded to S@H purchases soon. Though I did get the e-mail on April 1, so maybe they were just kidding.

the e-mail wrote:As a valued VIP Member, we wanted you to know that in the coming months VIP is going online!

Soon you will be able to earn VIP Points and redeem rewards every time you shop online at shop.LEGO.com as well as over the phone and, of course, in LEGO Stores.

Look out for more news in our next newsletter!
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:29 am

er... I got that email at April 1 as well...
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby zithy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:10 pm

I was told that the VIP program will go into effect for online LS@H orders starting in May. Finally!!

Also, was told that it counts towards Sales and Deals discounts.

Here's what I'm wondering :) If I buy X amount of Lego from LS@H that is marked down 50%, but go through my AA Advantage shopping mall to get 2 miles per dollar spent, then add the VIP rebates, use my credit card to get reward points(and promptly pay off the balance), those reward points are going to add up fast!
zithy

Postby Robzula » Fri May 14, 2010 2:41 pm

I just read my LEGO Club magazine which I got a week or so ago and in the first pages they had an ad saying V.I.P. is now available for Shop at Home.

EDIT: Just checked the site and apparently you still need to get your card at a LEGO Store. Plus it doesn't say anything about getting points from Shop@Home...
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Tyrant » Fri May 14, 2010 7:34 pm

Robzula wrote:I just read my LEGO Club magazine which I got a week or so ago and in the first pages they had an ad saying V.I.P. is now available for Shop at Home.

EDIT: Just checked the site and apparently you still need to get your card at a LEGO Store. Plus it doesn't say anything about getting points from Shop@Home...

I saw that bit in the magazine as well. After spending quite a bit during the SW sale, I got the magazine. So, I called customer service after I checked the website and met with similar results. I don't know how reliable it is, but I was told that we can expect to see online sign up in the next month or two (I think she said early June at the latest) and that we should get notices via email. Here's hoping.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby Robzula » Thu May 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Looks like it's available online now!

You can get one sent to you when you make your next purchase online by checking a boxing on the checkout window
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Skafte » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:31 am

Does anyone have a clue when or if the VIP thingy will be available to Swedish shoppers? I found it strange that it is a whole page about it in the Swedish LEGO Club Magazine, but the homepage says that it's not available in Sweden.

I sent an e-mail to Customer service a week ago, but no reply yet.
Brick me!
Skafte

Postby ScottishBloke » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:43 pm

I was at Legoland California yesterday and tried to use my VIP card for $100 of purchases in the big store near the main entrance.

I was impolitely informed that Lego does NOT own the store in Legoland and therefore they would NOT accept the VIP card.

Only Lego retail locations take the card outside of shop at home.

Harrumph.
ScottishBloke

Postby bigospedros » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:16 am

ScottishBloke wrote:I was at Legoland California yesterday and tried to use my VIP card for $100 of purchases in the big store near the main entrance.

I was impolitely informed that Lego does NOT own the store in Legoland and therefore they would NOT accept the VIP card.

Only Lego retail locations take the card outside of shop at home.

Harrumph.

This was the same under the older scheme, so no change there ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Joedward » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:53 am

Quick question.

When S@H were doing double points on the cards I decided to buy the Green Grocer, in the paying and billing sections it asked to tick a box if you wanted to sign up to the VIP scheme, and so I did, and nothing. Then a couple weeks later ordered the Endor Bunker and thought maybe I'd done something wrong the first time, so ticked the box again. And again, nothing.
The way it's stated on the site it makes it sound like that's all you have to do and it uses you details to sort everything out with the card. Is that very wrong, and you do in fact have to go through the whole applying for one separately, or what?

Slightly confuzzled here.

(I know I could have done the whole applying separately for one, but the wording of all that mumbo jumbo made it sound like I didn't have to)
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby bigospedros » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:38 am

you should phone Lego ... they'll sort that out for you ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby lens314 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:46 am

When I went to the Frisco, TX LEGO store earlier this month, the girl there told me that there was something screwy with signing up for the VIP card online. She signed me up and ordered me the Space Shuttle, which was out of stock at the store at the time.
-lens314 flickr
lens314

Previous

Return to Ask LEGO