Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

A Question About Instruction Booklets

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

A Question About Instruction Booklets

Postby Pinhead978 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:21 pm

In a lot of sets I have gotten recently, I have noticed there are two instruction booklets. Is there any reason why there are multiple instruction booklets in some sets? :?:
Pinhead978

Re: A Question About Instruction Booklets

Postby banthafodder » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:40 pm

I've noticed this in the larger sets and they probably could make a single book for maany of these sets. However, I think they do it this way to break up the sets into logical completion steps such as a single vehicle or scene. I think it's a way to keep younger kids interest in building to give a sense of achievement. Also it's a good parent's stopping point on many of the sets in that my son will build some of the larger sets and state "just let me finish this one thing." without taking three or four hours.
banthafodder

Postby Coret » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Yeah, they added alot more steps to things that could have been done in less.

Back when I was their age, I had to try and figure stuff out the hard way. Also if they do one book, the have to spiral bind it like they did with a couple of them.
Coret

Postby speaknspell » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:03 am

also there's a standard set of book sizes to choose from to reduce complexity at the printer. The instruction designers have to pick the format that the set fits the most efficiently into because they only have a couple of choices, but this saves money at the end of the day because you don't have to change out the printing machine all the time for different formats.

steve
Steve's Blog - Partially Obvious
speaknspell

Return to Ask LEGO