Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Licensed Pieces

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Licensed Pieces

Postby buhs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:39 pm

OK Speak n' Spell: question... several of my LEGO sets lately have been missing "licensed" LEGO pieces (helmets, torsos, etc.)... I've been putting in multiple missing pieces requests... nothing... get the automated email saying "sorry your set is missing pieces"... but I wait months and nothing shows up... what's up... I even quote my S@H order number... and I don't get any response... wuz up???
buhs

Re: Licensed Pieces

Postby Solo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:44 pm

...have you tried actually calling customer service?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby buhs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Maybe when I'm sober... but it's gunna sound "funny" when I call about 3 sets at one time. ...like your cut to the chase wit though :P
buhs

Postby Solo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:05 pm

Just let them know that you've tried the online form several times for different orders, and haven't gotten any positive results. I'm sure they'll understand and be more helpful. But yeah, sober up first.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:41 pm

I had the same issue when they had the infamous "Qui-gon head mix-up", putting in online requests for the replacement minifig head that went unnoticed. When I finally did call customer service, they told me that (for whatever reason) they cannot honor online replacement requests for licensed parts because they need to confirm the request with a proof of purchase (a little number on the back of the instruction booklet for a given set). So you've got to call the customer service department in order to retrieve licensed parts.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:49 am

I've never had any trouble with online requests, even for licensed parts. The correct Qui-Gon head came within a few days of filling in the form. I had ordered the set through Shop@Home though, so I guess they would have found proof of my purchase in their system if they required it.

If something does go wrong it is always best to call. It's much easier to explain "funny" issues directly to a human being, as they can ask questions if anything is unclear.
Gingerbeard Man

Postby Draykov » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:54 pm

The first time I had a genuine problem with LEGO Customer Service was when one of my Creator sets was missing a window. When I filled out the online form, I got a "Dear Customer, you've BS'd us for the last time. We'll help you if you have the stones to prove your claim by mailing in your receipt."

After another email with my scanned receipt attached and a message gently reminding them that I buy a s-ton of LEGO which contributes to a higher than average customer service request rate, they sorted it out for me. I never did have to physically mail in my receipt. I appreciate and respect the part replacement "honor system" though, so the sudden request for proof caught me off guard.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby buhs » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:19 am

Success! OK, I called LEGO, and after about an hour on the phone with a sturn but friendly customer service rep, I was finally able to prove to their satisfaction that I actually owned the sets that were missing licensed pieces. My experience was similar to Draykov's in so far as the fact that because I've dropped close to $4000 on LEGO in the past year, my "higher than average request for missing pieces" got me flagged, and I now have to prove that I own every set I have a missing piece from (she said I'd have to phone in from now on for missing pieces... feel like one of those guys with their picture up at the local Wal-Mart with the words "don't take cheques from this guy!" posted next to it). Funny part is that the sets (there were 3 of them) I was calling about where purchased from Lego Shop @ Home, and I included the order numbers in my original internet request. The rep said that I should have recieved an email requesting more info with each submission... maybe my ISP SPAM filter blocked these emails, as I check my junk mail folder quite regularly, and know that something from LEGO would have caught my eye. Oh well, no matter... I was able to get the number off the back of the manuals, and provide my order numbers again, so I didn't have to mail them a photocopy of my reciepts... the only thing I didn't have which they asked for was some info off the set boxes, as I'd recycled them... thought the manual and proof of purchase would have been enough for them, but apparently they wanted to see when and where the sets were produced. Anyway, she promised that the parts would be on their way...
buhs

Postby Solo » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:04 pm

Awesome. Glad it worked out, too bad that you're "on the list" now... ;) but at least you know how to skip the dead end next time.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby donneyboy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:15 pm

That has happened to me once, I bought Count Dookus Solar Sailor back in january when it came out and was missing dookus hair, ordered it online, waited about 3 months, then called customer, and after about an hour of waiting I got somewhere, I had to send me receipt, and about 4 weeks later I got the part.

again it happened with the Republic Attack Shuttle in may, I was missing all the parts for mace windu, except for a lightsaber blade, called, again I need to send my receipt, got the parts 2 weeks later, and a bill of $5.00, I could of just bought him off of BL for less.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby Flesh Skywalker » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:16 am

Only happened to me once, ended up being twice, and I have $6K in SW lego. I got the Sail Barge and Luke's head wasn't in the box, I used a pool table with a cover on it to build the set, so it couldn't have gone anywhere. I called in and they wanted the part number, even after I'd given the description. Well, the book has the part numbers and they are tiny little pictures so I gave them the part number for Leia's head. After the shipment I realized this and told them it would be beneficial to have descriptions on their screen when they take a part number to prevent mistakes, and she agreed. But I got his head finally. Out of >60K lego pieces, I think I was only shorted one regular piece which conveniently was a piece I had received extras of in other sets. They have a good record in my book (aside from me missing chrome figures in every one of my purchases).
Flesh Skywalker

Return to Ask LEGO