Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Why is there alot of Mix-ups with the magnet sets

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Why is there alot of Mix-ups with the magnet sets

Postby Brick Of War » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:50 pm

I've been reading on Lego's Shop at Home in the reviews that the magnet minifigures don't come off and that at some Lego Stores say that they don't come of when they do specificly with the Clone Wars Magnet Set, I was wondering why is there this mix-up? Or, do they just don't come off? That or was it just a mistake or the reviewer just lied? It's because I was wondering if it should be a set to get?
Brick Of War

Re: Why is there alot of Mix-ups with the magnet sets

Postby infallible » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm not sure that I understand your question 100%, but here's my input:

I've gotten three of the new magnet sets: Clone Wars (Mace, Yoda, Dooku), Pirates, and Star Wars (Bikini Leia, Royal Guard, Boba Fett). They've all just been able to come off of their magnet bases without problem.
infallible

Postby Brick Of War » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:23 pm

infallible wrote:I'm not sure that I understand your question 100%, but here's my input:

I've gotten three of the new magnet sets: Clone Wars (Mace, Yoda, Dooku), Pirates, and Star Wars (Bikini Leia, Royal Guard, Boba Fett). They've all just been able to come off of their magnet bases without problem.

Well what I ment is if you read the reviews on Clone Wars set some of them say they don't come off and one said that at a lego store the "reviewer" was told they didn't come off. So was it probably a mix up at the store and the reviewers that said they dont come of probably didn't like set? You should look at the magnet set reviews yourself to understand this a little more
Wicket: *You took your life away and went Wampa Hunting*
*and got yourself headfirst in snow* Brick Of War: Hey, Wedge I see
something brown and furry. *lifts out Wicket* Wicket: Wampa!
Brick Of War: No, Wedge stop eating popcorn! It's after me.
Brick Of War

Postby Firespray » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:45 pm

They do indeed come off:

Firespray

Postby banthafodder » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:45 pm

I think it's a conspiracy. The second gunman was on the grassy knoll. XD I think it is a way for TLG to sell minifigs without getting into trouble over selling just the minifigs. By saying they don't come off might get them around any licensing agreements. ;) But yes they do come off.
banthafodder

Postby Brick Of War » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:51 am

Well, you might be right banthafodder it probably is a conspiracy now I don't get around sometime in 2000 they had Minifigure Sets With them and accessories and it wasn't a magnet set why do they stop that and go on to magnets? It might be part of their conpiracy... but if you want to see what i was talking about it is 3340 Star Wars #1 I used a search on guide.lugnet.com for a reference
Brick Of War

Postby starbeanie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:22 pm

The original magnet sets in 2006, 2007 and part of 2008 where minifigs that were glued together and had magnets inside them. The end of 2008 and all of 2009 have regular minifigs(that come apart) that stand on a magnetic brick. The reviews on Lego are for all magnet sets, hence the confusion.

Bret
starbeanie

Postby Teekay » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:36 am

@ Brick Of War:

They cannot do that any longer because the minifig sets got them in legal trouble. Hasbro has an exclusive license on Star Wars action figures, so LEGO could not produce figure sets anymore because that would violate Hasbro's agreement with Lucasfilm. They can, however, sell minifigs, if they say they are "accessories" to the building toy. I guess magnet sets were allowed by Hasbro and Lucasfilm's agreement.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Return to Ask LEGO