Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Challenge #4: Tell Me A Joke

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Re: Challenge #4: Tell Me A Joke

Postby Swoosh Factor » Sun May 10, 2009 3:38 pm

So this guy places 30 orders with shop@home last weekend figuring he'll get 30 posters... oh wait, guess the joke was on him.
Swoosh Factor

Postby Teekay » Sun May 10, 2009 5:53 pm

I still have time, yes?

I'm pretty sure no one has posted this, so here goes:

One man, who happens to be a Boston Red Sox fan, has a special routine when he's driving. Whenever he sees a Yankees fan on the sidewalk, he swerves over to scare the Yankees fan, nearly hitting him. One day, the Red Sox fan picks up a priest whose car is broken down. He is driving along the road normally, with the priest in the back seat. After he has been driving for a while, he sees a Yankees fan. Forgetting the priest in his car, he swerves to scare the man. He hears a thud, which he wonders about for a minute. But then, he realizes he has the priest in his car. He says, "Sorry father, I almost hit that Yankees fan!" Then the priest says, "That's okay. I got him with the door."

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Blondie-Wan » Sun May 10, 2009 7:19 pm

onions wrote:
Blondie-Wan wrote:What - it's over already? :S

onions wrote:Challenge ends 5/10 at 10pm PDT.

"5/10 at 10pm PDT"... that's May 10th (today, as of this writing), at 10 in the evening, Pacific Daylight Time (so, the time in California, for example), right? Isn't that still more than 13 hours away, as of this writing (about 11:40 am, in the eastern part of Florida)?

Just wondering (I don't actually have any particularly funny jokes at my disposal, alas)...

D'oh! You are correct. I was going by the end date i had set on my spreadsheet and I had it wrong. To be fair, if another joke comes along that knocks my socks off gets entered before 10pm tonight, I shall declare a dual winner.

Ah, Ok! Not trying to be a troublemaker or anything; I was just surprised, that's all.

Ahhh... eh, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. To be honest, I initially thought I might answer by looking for jokes online and then using the best one I found that fit the criteria, but I think I'd rather use a totally silly riddle I heard decades ago and have inflicted on people ever since, since it feels more appropriately "mine" to use for this:

What's the difference between an empty tube and a Dutchman going mad?

One is a hollow cylinder, the other's a silly Hollander.

:lol:
Blondie-Wan

Postby The Brain » Sun May 10, 2009 7:20 pm

CCJ has to win now!!! :lol:

Of all of them so far, his is the only one that I've actually laughed really hard at. I think you should totally declare a joint winner Ace! :lol:
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby onions » Sun May 10, 2009 11:09 pm

This is closed now. I have to deliberate a bit. I'll announce any additional winners if there are any in the morning.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Wed May 13, 2009 11:12 pm

Okay, I've come to a decision. I've actually recruited my wife to help.

I can't take away Qzak's prize due to my own error; so he'll still get one.

Now, some of the submissions after my goof up were pretty good. Just to be clear, I didn't necessarily have to pick another winner from the second pool of entries, but I would if there was a joke that was just as funny as Qzaks. There was only one that fit that criteria. And the co-winner is...

Teekay!

Teekay wrote:I still have time, yes?

I'm pretty sure no one has posted this, so here goes:

One man, who happens to be a Boston Red Sox fan, has a special routine when he's driving. Whenever he sees a Yankees fan on the sidewalk, he swerves over to scare the Yankees fan, nearly hitting him. One day, the Red Sox fan picks up a priest whose car is broken down. He is driving along the road normally, with the priest in the back seat. After he has been driving for a while, he sees a Yankees fan. Forgetting the priest in his car, he swerves to scare the man. He hears a thud, which he wonders about for a minute. But then, he realizes he has the priest in his car. He says, "Sorry father, I almost hit that Yankees fan!" Then the priest says, "That's okay. I got him with the door."

~Sam (Teekay)

Congrats! PM me your choice of fig and your mailing address.
onions
Founder
Founder

Previous

Return to Ask LEGO