Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Shipping Prices

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Shipping Prices

Postby donneyboy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:26 am

Hey Steve, I was wondering why some shipping prices are so high, Recently I ordered a torso of Pick A Brick, and it was $.65 or $.70 and shipping was $4.95, but I can see that in a $50.00+ set, but not for a little torso, it should be like $1.00, so why are they so much for 1 little torso?
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Re: Shipping Prices

Postby Turkguy19 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:01 am

Shipping for a large company is always higher then what you believe it should be. If I'm not mistaken, LEGO exclusively ships through UPS (not sure if they ship small things through USPS or not), which, automatically makes shipping that much more. On top of that, you also have to account for handling charges, which, every major company has. On top of that, you have to account for packaging, and that isn't "cheap" either. So, to expect $1 for shipping from a major company is just kinda to optimistic. The moral of the story really though is, don't buy in small quantities from S@H/PaBOnline, and actually, that kinda goes for Bricklink too, because most min shipping is at least $1.50, without factoring in shipping materials.
Turkguy19

Postby donneyboy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:28 am

Next time I order of of PAB I will probably order like $5.00, or $60.00 in items to make up for shipping.
Hum hum hum...calls me
donneyboy

Postby meeotch » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:06 pm

$5 - 60 is quite a range you're specifying there.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby donneyboy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:19 pm

I meant $5.00-$6.00
Hum hum hum...calls me
donneyboy

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:49 pm

There is a page that shows you shipping prices for order totals. It might be a wise decision to check the price before you buy. Just a guess.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby ellerb » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:54 am

Online Pick a Brick orders are fulfilled in Denmark and then shipped to your country and then to you. Actual sets are often packaged in a country near you (Mexico, Czech Republic, etc) and then shipped from your country's SAH to you. This second method is more efficient and saves money. However it does not make sense for LEGO to have a PAB center in every country which has Shop at Home.

Much like Bricklink, you can place extremely small orders, but shipping and handling fees that cover sellers costs can be high. You end up paying much more for the service of a small order. It just makes sense to place larger orders.

Ben
ellerb

Return to Ask LEGO