Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Do you prefer the new series or the orignal?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Do you prefer the new series or the orignal?

Postby Darth_Marcon » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:41 am

Honestly I much prefer the older gray Power Miner sets from the 70's Much more realistic. Only a few cannons here and there. The new series is much more aimed at kids with all the flashy colors. The original Brock and his son Flint were way better before these latest fleshy versions. And I still can't believe that after 30+ years, we still have only 1 set with Brock's wife! :lol:
Darth_Marcon

Re: Do you prefer the new series or the orignal?

Postby Starwars4j » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:42 pm

From the 70's? Rock Raiders (Power Miners Original Theme) was awesome. Really the only thing the new series has over the old ones are the monsters themselves. The figs, overall set designs, and story were all clearly superior in the originals.
Starwars4j

Postby Chief » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:57 pm

The new sets have too many specialized parts. but I *love* the specialized parts. Though I do wish they were in old grey... :(
Chief

Postby Linkavitch » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Weren't the Rock Raiders from the 90s? I have a bunch of them that I got when I was younger, But they were new, then.
Why on earth was the Empire able to build a moon-sized battle station capable of destroying an entire planet when, at the same time, they're most common data storage unit was still a tape!?
Linkavitch

Postby coconut friend » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:39 pm

i prefer the old ones.
This new serie is two flashy i think.
They should try grey and brown like before.
coconut friend

Postby Solo » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:22 pm

This was a joke thread to parallel the OT vs PT Star Wars issue. There was no 70s era Power Miners to compare to. For all you Power Miners vs Rock Raiders musing we've got a thread for that right over hyar! Poll optional.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Original Themes