Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New focus?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: New focus?

Postby Darkkazmo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:58 pm

Septemris wrote:So it sounds like FBTB is gonna start changing template/theme focus once in a while now?
Here are a few suggestions for the next changes.
Focusing on Paradisa : For Better Topless Bikinis
...And the new logo is really nice!

Now we're talking baby! (Goes looking for some Pink bricks... Comes back: Yep I found some in this box, hey wait a second, Yay, I finally found your lost picture you sent me while you were taking a bubble-bath! Time to make a poster for the ladies ;) )

Honestly guys, I applause Ace and his team for giving more power to the bricks these days. Star Wars or not, if you're a builder or a collector, it's all about LEGO in the end.
Lord of the Bricks
Darkkazmo

Postby SkwerlJones » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:16 pm

I've been comptemplating the reason behind this quite abrupt change for a while, now, and I have arrived at these conclusions:

#1. The staff has not changed its focus and is merely atttracting more attention to the website by creating this disruption, making every Lego fanboy here question his/her faith in which theme to admire. I've noticed, since the change, more people have been responding to topics about the switch to express their ideals and state their opinion on the matter. Topics are getting new posts every couple of minutes and even every couple of seconds, instead of the occasional post every 10 or so minutes.

#2. This whole event is merely a way to get the website off the slow path that was mentioned earlirer. There may or may not be long-term effects, depending on how long it takes for the place to slow down again.

#3. FBTB is putting a new theme in the spotlight every once in a while, still keeping the Star Wars section open for business. With this idea, every month or so, a different theme will take over. A slew of contests pertaining to the mod's choice will most likey appear, to give the members something new and exciting to do. I believe this is the best choice because it will indeed attract new fans of a particular theme, while still keeping (stubborn) fans of Star Wars happy.

#4. The Mods are bored.
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby Chief » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:20 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! :D
Chief

Postby bedaho » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:27 pm

Regardless of the reason for the "rebranding", I feel that this is a good place to paraphrase Jimmy Mac:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... /902179997
Star wars is forever and you can suck it
bedaho

Postby Darth's Daddy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:49 pm

WORST

APRIL

FOOLS

EVAR!

Needless to say I am not a fan of the sets or the new change. And it's getting stale now. :roll:
Darth's Daddy

Postby Raequan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:50 pm

bedaho wrote:Regardless of the reason for the "rebranding", I feel that this is a good place to paraphrase Jimmy Mac:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... /902179997
Star wars is forever and you can suck it

Amen to that!
Raequan

Postby Teekay » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:25 pm

Okay, after reading some of the posts in this thread, I have decided to stay, no matter what. But if this change stays, my focus will remain away from the PM forum. Also, my posts will decrease. Sorry, FBTB, but this was a poor idea.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Munchy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:51 pm

It seems a couple of the LEGO fan sites are really over playing this April Fools gag.

Shame really.

This was a good one. It really was.

Yesterday.

But, hey, if your objective was to get me to post more. You succeeded.
Babba LOO!
Munchy

Postby Dendo » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:59 am

I find the lack of Star Wars disturbing.
Dendo

Postby bigj22 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:41 am

Big C wrote:April Fool's joke? Image

I hope this is a joke because switching to this lame Power Miners is a JOKE. I came to this site because I am a Star Wars Fanatic and love the Lego line. :'(
bigj22

Postby harrison » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:49 am

And heres me thinking that Americans had no sense of humor :D

oh no ive been dragged into posting twice in 2 days!!
harrison

Postby Bruno » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:23 am

This feels like a bad nightmare, after eating too much junk for dinner...
Bruno

Postby Puddleglum » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:30 am

I personally suspected that part of this plot was to weed out the FBTB members that were to prone to WaC. But it seems they aren't going to leave without a fight.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby SWLegoFanatic » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:40 am

I'll be very disappointed if this turns out NOT to be an extended April Fool's joke...This site was one of the reasons I got serious about the SW Lego line and made it my primary collection... :'(
SWLegoFanatic

Postby Crusader » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:41 am

In the past have written the occasional witty post, and the standard reply they've gotten is a near collective sound of air whooshing over the responder's head. I take heart in that at least I am not alone in my futile efforts.

I getting a little worried that longtime exposure to ABS may dull the sense of humor in certain individuals. Please send me large boxes of cash so I can implement a research study at once.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby Big C » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:52 am

Crusader, you win the internet.

The drama queen reactions here are getting absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, guys, relax. FBTB's not going anywhere, and pissing and moaning about it accomplishes absolutely nothing.

I guarantee that y'all are going to look back on what you have posted in this forum and wonder what the heck you were thinking about saying such things about a little ol' website. Yes, FBTB is very important to you. I'm glad, really. You're the reason we're still here. But hey, y'know what? It's important to us, too. Especially the guy who OWNS the site. We know what we're doing, and he knows what he's doing. Do you know what you're doing when you throw a public tantrum about a website? Regardless of whether or not this is one big fat April Fool's (and then some) prank, the fact remains that you guys are the ones freaking out over a little format change that may very well not be the real deal.

In short, again, RELAX. We take care of you guys, and you're gonna be okay.

Big C

Postby OOM-9 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:26 am

Nicely put Big C. The change dosen't bother me in the least, if its LEGO thats all I care about. :)

Do you think we could do a LEGO trains theme? ;)
OOM-9

Postby Crusader » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:27 am

(Quite, dignified crying). I win the internet! You like me! You really, really like me!

I'd like to take a moment to thank all the little voices in my head that got me here...
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby Big C » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:15 am

So... y'all done yet? Cuuuz we're kind of at the point where the complaining is getting older than the complaint.
Big C

Postby Draykov » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:31 am

a few whiny goofballs wrote:If this site maintains its Power Miners focus, I will be forced to leave on principle.

Last edited by Draykov on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hail Space!
Draykov

PreviousNext

Return to Original Themes