Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Poll] Should FBTB Go Back To Covering Star Wars?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Should FBTB revert back to Star Wars or stay with Power Miners?

Go back to Star Wars already, I'm getting the shakes!
75%
Stick with the superior theme: Power Miners!
25%

Total votes : 180

Re: [Poll] Should FBTB Go Back To Covering Star Wars?

Postby Duckman » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:43 am

WHAT THE?

No offence, but I really think Power Miners is incredibly lame.
If you continue with the Power Miners theme, FBTB will be a lost cause... I'm hoping this is just an April Fools gone too far. Otherwise I definately would not be coming back here that often, I mean seriously, that has to be one of the worst themes TLC has ever ventured into.

The only themes that interest me are, in order:

Star Wars
Detailed Fan Based Designed Sets
City + power functions
Castle
Trains
Pirates
Duplo (for my son)
Potential Disney (hopefully Donald Duck and Huey Dewey Louie)

All other themes really suck in my opinion.
Duckman

Postby Andi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:28 am

All that whining about inside-jokes, clique etc gets really annoying.
Maybe some things are talked about in chat, but this is not clique-ish or secret, chat is open for everyone and everyone is welcomed there.
And the link to chat is very clear to see in the top menu. Even now, where the design looks a bit different.
If people would stop whining, threatening, complaining - maybe the design would have changed back since long.
I really don't understand why changing a design makes such a big difference.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Sarge » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:03 am

I thought it was a joke at first. I still think it might be but now prides are involved and dragging it out. If that is the case I am dissapointed and will leave soon.

Another thing I thought is that it has stayed because perhaps Lego and the site have a behind the scenes arrangement to promote Power Miners. In which case this is no longer a community site but instead a business which I will not continue to visit.

I can only see it being one of these scenarios. A responsible leadership group would have communicated intentions and solicited input from membership for a major change that was planned.

This change no matter how you look at it screams one thing. The ownership saying 'It is Mine!' and by all rights it is. Being part of a community usually takes commitment to that communitys' best interest. It takes selfless leaders, and while we in essense have no right to ask for commitment it is the assumption our involvement is dependant on. Enjoy 'your' site.
Sarge

Postby Big C » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:12 am

Srsly guyz, my world's tiniest violin is getting worn out here.
Big C

Postby Capn Spider » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:47 am

The worst in all of this is the first page, they are lyin' !!!!!!
With a fake screen cpature of the poll, saying people preffer PM!
LIERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Aahah XD anyway d'ont take this message to seriously. even if i really miss the SW theme.
Last edited by Capn Spider on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my bad English, i'm french.
Capn Spider

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:53 am

Big C wrote:Srsly guyz, my world's tiniest violin is getting worn out here.

LOL! Well then maybe you should try the new "world's tiniest victrola". . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby CloneEmperor » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:08 am

But Collin, I thought you played the world's tiniest cello?

I voted for back to Star Wars, but only because there wasn't an option for switching to a Pirates theme. "From Blackbeard To Booty" has a nice ring to it.
CloneEmperor

Postby Chief » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:23 am

drfeelgood wrote:Its quite obviously an aprils fools joke, i knew it the second i logged on back on the 1st, they do it every year lol :lol:

Err.. we do? Pretty sure we haven't done anything in years.
Chief

Postby Chief » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:26 am

bigospedros wrote:However, add to all this the fact that the staff are now saying things like this ...

Chief wrote:Can we cut the whining back -even just a little- please? We consulted with very well-respected members of the community before embarking on this change, and if what the members of secret forum have to say isn't good enough for you guys, maybe it's for the betterment of FBTB that the member chaff gets blown out. :\

It's very telling that we have members who are mature and understanding and willing to see where we go with this change, and when we have people who feel like the world should be handed to them on a platter.

... then it really does point to the acceptance of in-jokes and cliques coming right back into this place, which saddens me.

That post was by far the most tongue-in-cheek one I've made throughout this entire dramarama. Don PMd me immediately afterwards with an image of a guy dousing a fire with a can of gas. I was going for a reaction, and I think I got it. :P

There's no secret forum besides the one the staff posts in and where we stick the trash. I'm amazed those comments about it have gotten so little attention during this debacle. ;)
Chief

Postby bigospedros » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:52 am

apologies for not picking up that it was tongue in cheek ... I shoulda known ... perhaps I was feeling a little self conscious following our spat elsewhere. :S

I made that post this morning when I just had to let it all out to stop me from dwelling on it.

It's over now and I plan to move on ... I hope that's acceptable ?
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Brickplumber » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:12 am

Lego actually makes something other than Star Wars, I"ll have to check that out. And now back to our regularly schedule web site.
Brickplumber

Postby Bengh_Zeran » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:27 am

XD This whole change is one of the best jokes I've seen this year on April 1st!
In fact I was so impressed by the efforts you took in making this site look great for Power Miners
I really believed in it (and still do to be honest ;) ).

But what really makes this joke good are the responses of some members...
...not meaning to offend any of you disappointed people, but c'mon!
The longer you make a problem out of this change and the longer you keep saying you will leave FBTB for it,
the harder the laugh, no offense!

And what if say 85% of the 2010 SW (CW) sets would be all lime and orange?!
Would you stop buying/ admiring LEGO SW for that?? I don't think you would, honestly, because you could always justify that for it simply being Star Wars, not?! :roll:

I personally LOVE Star Wars and I LOVE LEGO!
And as for Power Miners or Star Wars? Heck, for me it all started over 30 years ago with LEGO Space but back then there was no internet, there were no LUGs, no clubs to speak of. I just built with every brick I had! Space, BASIC, Town, whatever I could use to build anything SPACE.
So what if TLG never made a deal with Lucasfilm and we never had any LEGO SW sets?
I guess we would never have a site like this!
So now that we DO have internet, LUGs etc. and we DO have SW LEGO, we also got FBTB which gives us all a chance to share our love for LEGO & SW and perhaps make new friends along the way.
I think we should be thankful for that!
Thankful to the people who created and started this community place on the web, past and present and in the future.
So please, give these same people who are pulling our leg now with this wonderful prank a break, thank you.

Let the staff have their moment of joy for IMO they worked hard enough to get this site's overhaul look this professional! Don't let them cloud your judgement, do not let your senses betray you...
...And if this PM thing is here to stay...so what?!
It doesn't have to change who you are and what you like to come here for, now does it? :)

Now for my own question to the staff:
I didn't vote in this poll because I like almost any LEGO theme (almost any part is usable in almost any LEGO creation from out of this world.)
So when are you gonna change to From BASIC To Belville?? Those are MY favorite themes! XD
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is The Force.
(The Jedi code)
Bengh_Zeran

Location: somewhere between Dxun and Nar Shaddaa... (Netherlands)

Postby dakdogba » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:31 am

yay, the page is slowly reverting back. no more green backround
dakdogba

Postby CloneEmperor » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:23 am

really? I still have a green background here.
CloneEmperor

Postby Solo » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:01 am

bigospedros wrote:I agree, although I don't feel that some are particularly friendly at times, especially when criticised.

Maybe if you didn't wear such a stupid hat all the time we wouldn't criticize you.

Wait, no, that's me in the hat. Never mind.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:02 am

dWhisper wrote:Because community is the only thing we have here, and the more toxic we make that environment, the closer we get to killing it off. And that’s a sad prospect, but one we’ve probably been a lot closer to recently than any of us would care to admit.
Bertramtalespinner

Postby Darth Jordan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:16 am

you've had your fun now lets gf.... :( et back to business... quit this power miners bantha poodoo and resume the good stuf
Darth Jordan

Postby Raequan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:15 pm

This was the only LEGO Star Wars fansite and the only Star Wars site that wasn't filled with spam. So, please, go back to Star Wars. Until that happens, I'm out of here.
Raequan

Postby Draykov » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:16 pm

I haven't commented on this point yet, but the Power Miners web design really is quite lovely. Kudos, big ups and mad props to the scamps that came up with that.
Draykov

Postby Warmaster » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:49 pm

I thought that it was bad that the old FBTB forum got replaced by a new layout, but this crap about Power Miners is way worse. Image
Warmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Original Themes