Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Poll] Should FBTB Go Back To Covering Star Wars?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Should FBTB revert back to Star Wars or stay with Power Miners?

Go back to Star Wars already, I'm getting the shakes!
75%
Stick with the superior theme: Power Miners!
25%

Total votes : 180

Re: [Poll] Should FBTB Go Back To Covering Star Wars?

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:53 pm

yawn...
Bertramtalespinner

Postby Solo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:58 pm

Lacking context that post would have vexed me, and admittedly it did at first. But then it registered and I simply have to laugh.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Commander Aero » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:41 pm

I was thinking some more, and what if we focused on star wars, but also devoted coverage to power miners to. I mean star wars is phenominal, power miners is cool too with a nice story awesome figs and good piece colors.
Commander Aero

Postby Darth Kooku » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:43 pm

I've never hear of anyone carring an April fool's joke for an entire week, but I guess it's par for course. This site has been slipping down hill and out of control with both users and moderators for some time now. I don't think the theme change from SW to PM could drive anymore ppl away than have already left.
Darth Kooku

Postby The Brain » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Well, I've been off a couple of days, and I'm not sure if this is a joke or not. If it's not, I'm gonna have to say you've essentially lost me as a member...I really have nothing to contribute if this is going to be a power miners site.

Good night, and good luck. :'(
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Gonk » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:01 pm

Where is Tim Saupé when we need him? Quit messing around and let's get back to business. =)
Gonk

Postby infallible » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:03 pm

It says so right on the home page. 60% of users prefer Power Miners. I'm glad to see that the majority of folks have seen how awesome Power Miners are. Star Wars had a "good" run, I guess, but the opening act is done. It's time for the headliner to take the stage.
infallible

Postby CommanderFox » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:19 pm

I thought the power miners theme was nice (very good colour scheme-I like it) but Im sorry but I have to go with SW
ITS still #1 for me :D

CommanderFox
CommanderFox

Postby peewee » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Remember the good old days when we used to see peoples MOC's and gape in awe how much they resemble the real thing? But with the new direction, everything will be made from scratch. So im really think going back to star wars would be an exelent idea.
peewee

Postby infallible » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:30 pm

'Nuff said.
infallible

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:41 pm

Before getting into my rant, HILARIOUS photo, infallible!! Thanks for that!

It's shocking how many members here have a large-bore stick up their pooper!! Consider this from all logical angles:

1) It's most likely that this is an April Fool's joke, and a fine one at that! The level execution and commitment is outstanding as the new PM site theme looks fantastic (great job, staffers!), and the fact that it remained to *gasp* April 2nd :O is sheer brilliance because it has left so many members droppin' a hershey in their trousers. . . I'll bet the staff guys are all having a big laugh over each of you (yes, I'm talking to you Captain Panic), threatening to leave the site and even throwing around phrases like "smashes computer" and words like "suicide". I know I'm laughing about it. . . So what if the site is all greened out and sports a new logo? It probably is still "From Bricks To Bothans", but the staff put a lot of work into converting the look and function of the site, who can blame them if they don't feel like throwing it all away after just one day?

2) If this truly is a conversion to Power Miners, SO WHAT?! When it was Star Wars only, there was still room to discuss all of the LEGO franchises, so all you star-wars-is-forever-so-you-can-suck-it-types can still discuss your sci-fi fetishes here, it'll just be a bit more marginalized. And honestly, who's surprised? It's obvious that Power Miners has become Don's new pet (aside from his M8, of course). . .

Honestly, lighten up and enjoy! LEGOs is LEGOs. . . to be frank, the switch inspired me to run out and grab a couple PM sets and I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun they are! Now I'm on the market for a Thunder Driller. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby thepatient » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:57 pm

If I put this much effort in to this gag it would be up for a month.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby legofett » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:00 pm

I saw, I saw Chief has onions locked up in a room with an interoggation droid :shock: we have to rescue onions!

But seriously good joke but lying on your front page is just wrong saying more people prefer pm when they clearly don't. :roll:
legofett

Postby Darkkazmo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:57 pm

Oh my... I haven't laughed that much in quite a while! :lol:
Seriously, this place is full knuckleheads from a galaxy far far away!

And I thought it won't get any better back in the days! Apparently, I was wrong! ;)
Lord of the Bricks
Darkkazmo

Postby jpini » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:17 am

With some of the rants, all I can think of is "Who moved my cheese?"

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine!
jpini

Postby copyright » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:12 am

Though I am on staff here, I have had nothing to do with this. Though I know all the details... my post below was written with me forgetting everything I know.

**mod hat off**

What is FBTB? What has it ever been? To me, a community of dorks. I haven't built an MOC, minus a vignette last month, in over 4 years, but I am attached to this community like a twin is to his Siamese counterpart. This place is for us to converge, communicate, and connect. SW LEGO at once was the thread that brought us together, but the goofiness and playfulness of our lighthearted community ensured our long friendship.

You see, we citizens of the fubtubz are more than SW LEGO builders... but friends. SW LEGO is not my favorite theme, nor will it ever be, so it is the LEGOness plus the community spirit that is all I would ever need. If we renamed FBTB to "From Bricks to Builders" and dropped ALL focus... leaving it just a LEGO fan site and community, I would remain. Would you?

Joke/no Joke (but c'mon, its pretty apparent what it is) you people are my friends and I don't want you to leave because the colors changed and news stray a bit. And that said, where will you go? Other communities that aren't dead or dying are overpopulated with immature kids and feature either aggressive moderation or lack of moderation altogether. We are a liberally moderated site with an involved active staff that hosts a wonderful LEGO community. And because the second B in our name is "now" something different, are you all really jumping ship? As far as I see it, nothing has changed; the heart and soul of the community is the people, not the colors or the acronyms. But the insignificance of an acronym is a some people's reason to end a friendship. Makes me sad.

Stay friends... there is more to us than a "focus".
Jeremy/Copyright -:- FBTB member since 12 Apr 2002
8 years on FBTB and still a n00b
copyright

Postby drfeelgood » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:01 am

Its quite obviously an aprils fools joke, i knew it the second i logged on back on the 1st, they do it every year lol :lol:
drfeelgood

Postby Andi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:34 am

copyright wrote:

Very well said Jeremy!
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby jayp » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:01 am

GO BACK TO LEGO STAR WARS!!!!

I only joined this forum because of Star Wars. And now it is changed into Power Miners. :(
Maybe it is my own fault but i did not notice anything about a change in focus. And suddenly it is done :( .
I'd prefer if this side changes back to Star Wars. It's my oppinion.

Maybe PM might be a second focus. Would be an agreement I could live with. By the way, the style of forum is not important to me.

I think my oppinion is clear. We have to see what the future will look like, so ...

Bye for now
jayp

(I have to appologise for my bad English :S , it is a foreign language to me)
jayp

Postby bigospedros » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:29 am

copyright wrote:Though I am on staff here, I have had nothing to do with this. Though I know all the details... my post below was written with me forgetting everything I know.

**mod hat off**

What is FBTB? What has it ever been? To me, a community of dorks. I haven't built an MOC, minus a vignette last month, in over 4 years, but I am attached to this community like a twin is to his Siamese counterpart. This place is for us to converge, communicate, and connect. SW LEGO at once was the thread that brought us together, but the goofiness and playfulness of our lighthearted community ensured our long friendship.

You see, we citizens of the fubtubz are more than SW LEGO builders... but friends. SW LEGO is not my favorite theme, nor will it ever be, so it is the LEGOness plus the community spirit that is all I would ever need. If we renamed FBTB to "From Bricks to Builders" and dropped ALL focus... leaving it just a LEGO fan site and community, I would remain. Would you?

Joke/no Joke (but c'mon, its pretty apparent what it is) you people are my friends and I don't want you to leave because the colors changed and news stray a bit. And that said, where will you go? Other communities that aren't dead or dying are overpopulated with immature kids and feature either aggressive moderation or lack of moderation altogether. We are a liberally moderated site with an involved active staff that hosts a wonderful LEGO community. And because the second B in our name is "now" something different, are you all really jumping ship? As far as I see it, nothing has changed; the heart and soul of the community is the people, not the colors or the acronyms. But the insignificance of an acronym is a some people's reason to end a friendship. Makes me sad.

I agree, although I don't feel that some are particularly friendly at times, especially when criticised. Maybe it's the way I put it and maybe it's because I assumed the staff were all having a laugh at our expense, I dunno, but I'm not sure the words of some individuals on a forum have ever got to me so much as yesterday (see here if you want to know what I'm referring to) but they did and they still do, I'm afraid. If the reaction of yesterday was purely down to how I constructed my criticism based on assumption then I truely apologise to the staff.

However, add to all this the fact that the staff are now saying things like this ...

Chief wrote:Can we cut the whining back -even just a little- please? We consulted with very well-respected members of the community before embarking on this change, and if what the members of secret forum have to say isn't good enough for you guys, maybe it's for the betterment of FBTB that the member chaff gets blown out. :\

It's very telling that we have members who are mature and understanding and willing to see where we go with this change, and when we have people who feel like the world should be handed to them on a platter.

... then it really does point to the acceptance of in-jokes and cliques coming right back into this place, which saddens me.

At the end of the day, when this place was re-made (very nicely, I might add) one of the things that we were all asked to cut out was in-jokes. This started as an in-joke, the css shows that clearly, but now it seems to be dragging on a little.

I have absolutely no problem with different looks to the boards, themes to the website ... they're just colours and stuff afterall. But I would prefer changes to happen naturally, with warning and the chance to opt out or ignore certain parts of this place, rather than it being an in-joke that we all have to tolerate. :)
bigospedros
Staff Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Original Themes