Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifigures Series 8

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series 8

Postby Igginz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Igginz wrote:everyone on TBB is complaining about this series, but I like a lot of them. of course the diver, even though my GF hates steampunk, so I don't ever do that.

don't post while you are in a WoW raid. You die in game, and your message is a confusing mess...
Igginz

Postby Marty » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:05 am

Finally the diver has arrived, hopefully there will be a set to go along with it as it's been along time coming.
As for the rest of the figures, not a lot to go on here, Santa, pirate & the Man bat show promise as too the Actor, but no real excitement here apart from the diver mentioned, Marty
Marty

Postby bigospedros » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:24 am

My only complaints are the robot (rehash of Series 1), the cheerleader (rehash of Series 1) and yet another winter sports person (enough already!) Other than that, it's a pretty good series.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:08 am

People complain. You aren't alone in liking this series Igginz, but my wallet simply can't handle more than two series a year comfortably. This will be what? The third not counting the Olympic set and probably not the last as I think they seem to be aiming for four per year.
buriedbybricks

Postby Marty » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:30 am

I do agree that more than 2 series a year is hurting the wallet, perhaps if Lego where to ask what figures we'd like to see rather and put it to a vote, than just picking some ideas at random, it might save the penny's.
Also, I think the olympic set is a nice idea, but since we've already got most of these from other series, I'll pass, beside you can only get them from the UK anyway.
Marty

Postby Morgan19 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:24 am

I'd definitely like an adjustment to their release schedule... Either 1) the current 16-figures-per-series dropped down to just twice a year, or 2) the same frequency of releases but with only 8-10 figures per series. From a purely consumer standpoint, I think that would make the series much easier to manage.

m19
Morgan19

Postby bigospedros » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:46 am

Is multiple series really hurting your wallet that much ? A set of 16 will cost £32 in the UK. I actually buy a whole box, keep a set, sell the rest for a small markup via Bricklink on each figure and that actually means my set costs me nothing.

Plus, I suspect most of you would drop £32 (or your equivalent local currency) on a set without blinking an eyelid ... and you'd do that multiple times.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Rook » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:51 am

I think this series is a bit of a wash out. Sadly though like cattle to the slaughter, I'll be marching out and picking up a complete set. :'( XD
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby ufjason » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:44 pm

I somewhat agree, lots of reused parts and repaints. The cheerleader and evil robot are straight repaints. I guess we're going to get lots of male to female counterparts where appropriate. Rocker, skier, Tennis player and the list will go on.

Didn't we just get that alien figure in alien conquest?
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Flynn » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:17 pm

I hate that they appear to be phasing out the old beard element...

But anyways, the pirate looks spiffy (have a use for that torso in mind) and I like the diver. The rest I'll probably pass on.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Robzula » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:26 am

ufjason wrote:I somewhat agree, lots of reused parts and repaints. The cheerleader and evil robot are straight repaints. I guess we're going to get lots of male to female counterparts where appropriate. Rocker, skier, Tennis player and the list will go on.

Didn't we just get that alien figure in alien conquest?

To be fair, that version of robot and the cheerleader were both from series 1 which a whole lot of people missed out on. The alien was in an Alien Conquest set, but it was in the second most expensive, the largest, and, in my opinion, the least desirable set and the it had a light green brain and different body print. The man-bat is also in a current set, but again it's from a large, hard to obtain set, and a different color. I'm totally okay with a cheaper means of getting hard to obtain figs like that. Besides, these are far better than the mummy from one of the earlier lines which was just a different color of the Pharaoh's Quest mummy which was available in just about every set.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Iare Tosevite » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:13 pm

I am fine with those too. Black robot arm! Opposing team cheerleader!
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby daevster » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Despite some "repeats," I am actually quite excited for this series! Definitely got my eyes on how the Shakespeareian neck piece will work!
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/83288
http://www.youtube.com/user/daevster

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome..." -Walter Elias Disney
daevster

Postby NickBrick » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:35 am

Saw a report on another board that series 8 was found at TRU in Erie, PA (or thereabouts) Looks like I'll be out hunting this weekend
NickBrick

Postby SevFalcon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Anybody having any luck finding these in recent times?
SevFalcon

Postby NickBrick » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Yup, we're all talking about it in the Finds thread. I've got six so far, gonna go back for the rest tomorrow
NickBrick

Postby Marty » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi, has anybody spotted theses in Australia yet?
Regards Marty
Marty

Postby cstojano » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Not feeling it myself. The novelty is gone so slow down Lego.
cstojano

Postby bobalego » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Now that series 8 is old news I still want to gripe. After buying 25 of them, I end up with 5 manbats. And still missing nearly half of the figures!!! The swap meet is pretty much a bust. I have one trade about to happen but seriously, I am missing 7 out of the 16. How does that happen? I hate the looks I used to get when I checked the codes so I gave up on it as I felt if a kid has to suffer so should I but I regret that now. If I buy 6 more and get another manbat I am burning my LEGO Batman sets in front of the LEGO store at downtown Disney this February...

...ok not really...but I want to.
bobalego

Previous

Return to Original Themes