Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Ninjago to be discontinued in 2013

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Ninjago to be discontinued in 2013

Postby Tong » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Catch me weekly on Beyond the Brick podcast at Brickpodcast.com
Tong

Re: Ninjago to be discontinued in 2013

Postby Draykov » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:39 pm

It is interesting that LEGO would end a line that's supposedly the second most profitable one currently in production. The idealist in me likes to think they're progressive enough to not just care about the money.

I have a feeling that if the theme filling in the gap left by Ninjago is meant to satisfy the same demographic, I won't be too interested in that either. It'll probably be a theme centered around anthropomorphized circus animals with pseudo-punk hairdos and different colored sorcerer pistols.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Darth Caedus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Wow. I mean, I guess you can only make so many colors of ninja hoods before it wears thin, but Ninjago has been their primary non-licensed moneymaker, and a great source of new weapons to boot. I'd like to see them spin off from Monster Fighters and make an honest Steampunk line, rife with browns and greys and delightful absurdity.
Darth Caedus

Postby sparkart » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:05 am

just a wild guess, but the theme to replace Ninjago...I'm thinkin'...something anime-ish? Somethng that crosses the Friends line with Japanese schoolgirl sailor uniforms would be ideal.

Yes, I'm joking.
sparkart

Return to Original Themes