Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10224 Town Hall Revealed

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

10224 Town Hall Revealed

Postby Staff » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:49 am

10224 Town Hall - 1

I love me some modular buildings. 10224 Town Hall, though, takes the cake. The largest modular building set to date, it weighs in at 2,766 pieces and will set you back $199 USD. It has some pretty impressive details such as brick-built columns that are NOT made of the 2x2 round bricks with grille, the elevator, and the skylights. Start budgeting your pennies now, this set will be available starting March 2012.

More pics below, press release after that.

10224 Town Hall

Ages 14+. 2,766 pieces.

US $199.99 CA $249.99 DE 179.99 € UK 149.99 £ DK 1499 DKK

Keep the wheels of commerce turning with the authentic Town Hall!

This classic 3-storey town hall building is the latest addition to the LEGO® Modular Buildings series. This highly-detailed model features large entrance-way columns and coat of arms, a tall bell tower with clock and a large skylight giving a view inside the building. On the ground floor, the large hall, tax office and auditorium are perfect for servicing the town’s citizens. Take the working elevator up to the secretary and mayor's offices on the second floor, furnished eloquently with desks, chairs, paintings and even a frog sculpture. There’s even a balcony for addressing the town's citizens. On the third floor, a spacious meeting room features a large conference table, chairs, globe and plants. Includes 8 minifigures: mayor, secretary, bride and groom, press woman, janitor and 2 children.
• Includes 8 minifigures: mayor, secretary, bride and groom, press woman, janitor and 2 children
• Features painting, desks, chairs, sculpture, lamp, conference table, globe, plants and bench
• Functioning elevator with space for 2 minifigures and ladder access to roof
• Bell tower features bench and maintenance ladder
• Roof features skylight with view inside the building
• Measures 10” (25.5 cm) wide and 20” (50 cm) high
• Address the citizens from the balcony!
• Combine with other LEGO® Modular buildings like the 10218 Pet Shop and 10211 Grand Emporium!

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/02/16/10224-town-hall-revealed/
Staff

Re: 10224 Town Hall Revealed

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:58 am

Is it just me, or do none of the picture links work?
Mister Ed

Postby onions » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:04 am

should be fixed now.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Darth Mitz » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:46 am

have to admit, I'm seriously considering these modular sets after buying and building the micro one earlier in the year...sad thing is that the previous sets in this series are now ridiculous amounts of money on eBay!!
Darth Mitz

Postby LegoBrickSteve » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Why is this video marked as "private"? I would like to watch it.
LegoBrickSteve

Postby doodlebird » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:33 pm

video didn't work for me, said it was private. made me feel like a snooper. :(
doodlebird

Postby Brainslugged » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Darth Mitz wrote:have to admit, I'm seriously considering these modular sets after buying and building the micro one earlier in the year...sad thing is that the previous sets in this series are now ridiculous amounts of money on eBay!!

I started stockpiling these for my 6-month old daughter last summer. I bought the Fire Brigade the day she was born as it was the oldest one still available. I then reluctantly spent $400 getting the Green Grocer off eBay, and then maybe $250 buying all the parts for the Cafe Corner from Lego/Bricklink. I had to change the color scheme for the Cafe Corner in places due to availability of bricks, but it looks awesome (and is the only one I've built) so you may want to consider that option. Hopefully spending over the odds on the first couple will be worth it when I have an entire street of modular buildings by the time she's old enough to appreciate them. I figure the more buildings they release, the more you're gonna want the earlier ones, and the price will only go up. Well... that's how I justified it to myself. I don't consider the Market Place to be a "true" modular building so no plans to try and get/build that one.
Brainslugged

Postby banthafodder » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:20 pm

furnished eloquently with desks, chairs, paintings and even a frog sculpture
I don't think you can furnish something eloquently.
banthafodder

Postby Blacknight » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:07 pm

It looks to me like it's furnished on the orders of some sort of power mad dictator trying to take over the world.

Two of the three floors are dedicated to the so-called Mayor including a large model globe, which is of course, useless in small town decision making but key to world domination. Apparently this one tyrant micromanages all the decisions for the whole town/city from one of his two lavish thrones, and appears from time to time on his platform to conduct 1984 style rallies. The whole apparatus is funded by ransom/bribery payments collected at the front counter from foreign countries he has threatened with the orbital space laser he controls using communication gear hidden in the clock tower.

There's no other logical explanation for what we see inside there.
Blacknight

Postby UOldPirate » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:46 pm

I dig the fact that Lego keeps coming out with new and unique designs for this line. It makes it easier to part with the coin on these knowing that Lego keeps upping the ante. Kudos to the modular building designers.

The only thing I can't get past, is it just me or does the mayor minifig look vaguely familiar?

UOldPirate

Postby Flynn » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:14 pm

UOldPirate wrote:The only thing I can't get past, is it just me or does the mayor minifig look vaguely familiar?

Why, they're practically identical.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Solo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:38 am

Fixed that for you.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby dWhisper » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:30 pm

I am at least a little disappointed that the year at the top does not say 1885. A little bit of cable and a LEGO DeLorean later, and we'd be in business. Because, looking at that clock, I can only think of trying to get the top struck by lightning...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Return to Original Themes