Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifigures Series 7

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series 7

Postby emmtwosix » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Though S6 minifigs have been at my local Target since January, they just appeared the week before Easter at my Wal-mart, so I'm a little surprised to see that S7 is scheduled to be in stock on ThinkGeek's website April 23rd. Then again, I just got into collecting the collectible minifigs recently and don't really know their release schedule.

What is it, three times a year?
emmtwosix

Postby ufjason » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:07 pm

There's a listing (with error in title) for the series 7 minifgures on the TRU website. These should be hitting any day now.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12877195
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby cas » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Sweet. May be time to start scoping out Fred Meyer. Need to get in there quick so I can build up my army of grandma visitors.

---WE ARE LEGION. WE DEMAND TRIBUTE IN THE FORM OF FRESHLY-BAKED SNICKER DOODLES AND HUGS---
cas
Staff Writer

Postby cas » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:02 pm

And score! Fred Meyer was loaded with Series 7. Got most of what I wanted; feeling took way more time than I had to spare. Gotta go back later. Need more space marines, er, grandma visitors.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby micro » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:27 pm

Picked some of these up at a TRU in Kennesaw, GA.
micro

Postby CaptainFordo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:28 am

Bought a Galaxy Patrol minifig in Argos today. I had contemplated buying online to avoid uncertainty, but was glad I didn't. With his enormous armour (biggest in this line) he was pretty distinguishable and saved me at least £3 in buying him blind.

Nice figure, the orange visor head looks great though the other side is nice too. I think this is one of the chinese-made minifigs other topics mentioned since he has numbers on his wrists and the plastic doesn't feel QUITE as good quality as my recent Avengers purchases. That said you'd only know if you were looking, it's not like he feels bootleg or anything. The new helmet is very nice too, sitting somewhere between Halo's ODST helmets and those of Colonial Marines from "Aliens." My only complaint really is that I wish he had a bigger gun. The handgun-sized blaster is very nice (though grey would've been good to give Deadpool a matching pair) but when he's wearing such bulky, heavy-duty armour it seems like he'd have a gun to match. Oh, and the orange part doesn't QUITE fill the visor of the helmet, there are thin yellow lines at the side of mine where the orange doesn't quite wrap around.
CaptainFordo

Postby mikado » Thu May 10, 2012 6:31 pm

anyone see a pack out yet im curious as to how many of which are in the cases
mikado

Postby Morgan19 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:41 pm

http://smashing-bricks.com/2012/03/24/h ... -series-7/
3 Swimming Champions
3 Aztec Warriors
3 Bunny Suit Guys
3 Brides
3 Ocean Kings
4 Bagpipers
4 Daredevils
5 Galaxy Patrols
4 Tennis Aces
5 Jungle Boys
4 Hippies
4 Computer Programmers
4 Valkyries
5 Evil Knights
3 Rocker Girls
3 Grandma Visitors

m19
Morgan19

Postby majortom » Tue May 22, 2012 7:35 am

I've just come back from a local independent toy store and apparently, the next wave of figures will be released in black foil packets.
Not particularly useful information, unless you're into that kinda thing, but HYPE! Just thought I'd share, and begin speculation of inclusions for the next wave!
majortom

Postby Darth Caedus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Didn't armybuild this series as much as I have in the past. Three Aztecs, a Valkyrie, a Dark Knight, a couple of Space Marines and Bagpipers, and a Poseidon. Quality minifigures, but now I only really want a Red Riding Hood for the red midget legs and red hood. I commend them for awesome choices like the Aztec and Valkyrie but this really pales in comparison to series 6 - I've lost count of the Bravehearts and Legionnaires I've hoarded. Really hope there's another Greco-Roman piece in the next series - but I know I'll be buying at least a few of the Dark Elves.
Darth Caedus

Postby cas » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Apparently the list of Series 8 minifigs has appeared:

Ancient Thespis
Pirate Captain
Conquistador
Enemy Robot
Evil Female Alien
Diver
Vampire
Fairy
Football Player
Trader
Skier
Red Cheerleader
Santa Claus
Boy in Bavarian costume
DJ
Cowgirl

Found on the brickset forums, posted by user ojik. Not too exciting, but we'll see.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby SevFalcon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Not much to army build in series 8....

Speaking of which, looking for your opinion/thoughts - is the "evil knight" a specific individual, or is it an army-building generic soldier? How do you see it?
SevFalcon

Postby SuperDave » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:05 am

SevFalcon wrote:Not much to army build in series 8....

What? You're not building a lederhosen army?!?
SuperDave

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:00 am

There is only one Üter.
Gingerbeard Man

Previous

Return to Original Themes