Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifigures Series 6

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series 6

Postby MicroJow » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Found 'em at the Ontario Mills Mall (Ontario, California) over the weekend and at the Glendale Galleria (Glendale, California) today. Also hearing report of them being found in a Target in Texas. Lego Stores are limiting to 16 per customer as usual.

Happy Hunting!

- J
MicroJow

Postby Marty » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi there, I was wondering when these are due out in Australia, as I haven't seen any yet.
I did however manage to get a few from Firestar toys as they're selling them as per figure (ie they take the guess work out?) But they're more expensive, as I wanted to make sure I got Liberty & the little Irish dude.
I think this series is way better than previous ones as (Lego) is starting to introduce more newer figures into the range, and less of the ones we already know (Skateboarder, Cowboys, snowboarders & surf dudes)
I'd still like to see an old style bell helmet diver as it's just something I thought Lego always overlooked in the divers range, and it could have made such an impact to there theme, if done right.

But it's early day's right?

Update! Managed to get all of the series 6 from Big W today here in Australia, also spotted some of the woodland rescue sets.
Marty

Postby Gobi-1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Found these at a Target today. I didn't realize they were out yet. Didn't have a cheat sheet with me but I did successfully pick out eight packets with different dot patterns. Scored Lady Liberty and the Leprechaun among others although The Butcher and the Genie eluded me this time.
Gobi-1

Postby Morgan19 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Gobi-1 wrote:Found these at a Target today.

What section of the store did you find them in? I checked mine in the regular LEGO aisle, all the various toy endcaps (where the others usually've been) and the Valentine's section and didn't see a peep of them, although my store's usually on the slower side of getting them out...

m19
Morgan19

Postby Gobi-1 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:41 pm

They were on the side of an end cap on the Lego aisle.
Gobi-1

Postby Gooker1 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:33 am

Can someone post the target dpci number?
Gooker1

Postby bobalego » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Can someone tell me how some one from Poland can have 50, yes 50 Roman figures already? A Bricklink member who clearly must work in a remote LEGO minifigure factory. There is no other way. I don't care if he or she knew the code, it is impossible to score that many no matter how hard you search.
bobalego

Postby cas » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Gooker1 wrote:Can someone post the target dpci number?

cas
Staff Writer

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:14 pm

No luck...but thanks!!
Gooker1

Postby bobalego » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:45 am

So I purchased 32 figures and can say without a doubt that LEGO loves the short figures. Last time around I ended up with 4 Gnomes. This time around, out of 32 figures I ended up with 6 Leperchans! I am overall pleased with what I had as I scored 2 Roman soldiers, and every other figure I absolutely had to have except the Robot. Also missing was the butcher, and flamenco dancer. I am ready to move to the trade section to score them if anyone wants. 13 out of 16 is pretty good with some great extras...can't wait for series 7.
bobalego

Postby Blue Squadron » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:07 am

With a little help from the dot-codes and the feel of the shield, I managed to find three Roman Legionaries in one go - and then couldn't be bothered to keep hunting...! :lol:

Now, has anyone noticed the standard-sized hole in the top of the Legionary helmet, which is clearly set up to take a helmet plume? Given the tendancy to include several related minifigs within a number of series (like the Egyptians, Space theme, Sports theme, etc.), my guess is that we will see further Romans in subsequent series and I suspect the likely possibilities will be:

1. a Centurion
with transverse plume on a silver/steel helmet the same as the Legionary
and mail-style armor rather than the segmented armor, plus oval shield and gladius sword (+/- cloak)
This seems the most likely.

2. Legate / Tribune
some sort of senior officer with a fore-and-aft plume on a gold colored helmet and breastplate armor,
plus gladius and cloak. This might end up looking similar to the Spartan but still seems reasonably likely.

3. Signifer / Aquilifer
Similar to the Series 6 basic Legionary but set up as a Standard Bearer with the unique acessory of the classic Roman Eagle insignia.

The printing used for the robes on the current Statue of Liberty also makes me wonder if we'll see something similar used with a white body (maybe purple/gold edging...?) for the toga of a Roman Emperor, perhaps with a unique laurel-wreath head-piece?
Blue Squadron

Postby bobalego » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:07 am

If I knew how to make the code sheet like others have in the past I would because I know what they are for all the figures except the robot, flamenco dancer and butcher. Got those in a trade. The mechanic is odd as there is a semi circle the size of a crayon on the left side near its dots...anyone else notice this as I have 4 of them and they each have it.
bobalego

Postby PaulBaldowski » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:43 am

Like all the previous sets, some I want, others I'll survive without. I have spent much time already squeezing and rustling my way through packets in various stores. Only looking to find the sleepy guy with the teddy bear and the robot now, which seems to be alluding me despite the blockhead. Centurion and 'Braveheart' are excellent. Tempting to get a few for some pitched battles between the Romans and the barbarian Celts (yes, I know William Wallace wasn't around at the same time... 1000+ years difference there... Just convenient to call the model 'Braveheart').
PaulBaldowski

Previous

Return to Original Themes