Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] LEGO® Master Builder Academy sets

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

[NEW STUFF] LEGO® Master Builder Academy sets

Postby Draykov » Mon May 02, 2011 2:06 pm

I think I first saw this in the most recent LEGO Club magazine, but it looks like the first two sets in this series(?) are available for pre-order on Shop@Home US.

20200 Space Designer (LEGO® MBA Kit 1) - $29.99 (178 pieces)

Kits 2-6 available via subscription - $69.99 (947 pieces)
LEGO Shop@Home wrote:Kit 2 Microbuild Designer: Learn about scaling the size of your models and building with the smallest LEGO® elements as you get a giant introduction to microscale building!
Kit 3 Robot Designer: Enter the action-packed world of robots and mecha while discovering the techniques of styling and balance!
Kit 4 Flight Designer: The advanced building techniques of shape and stability will help you navigate the world of flying vehicles!
Kit 5 Creature Designer: Let your inner LEGO designer loose as you practice the techniques of detailed styling and color with monster and alien models!
Kit 6 Auto Designer: Put all the skills and techniques you've learned to the test as you discover how to build, design and customize anything on wheels!
Includes 1 LEGO MBA kit delivered every two months, for 10 months: 5 kits in total.
Each kit includes one 84-page Designer Handbook teaching 2 LEGO MBA techniques, building instructions to build 3 models, one at a time, and exclusive minifigures and accessories.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: [NEW STUFF] LEGO® Master Builder Academy sets

Postby bigospedros » Tue May 03, 2011 12:42 pm

US only again, I see ... what a let down :(
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Tue May 03, 2011 12:49 pm

I'm kind of surprised by the pricing on the Level 1 model. Seems rather high. The cost for the subscription for Levels 2-6 is more in line with what I expected from this. Seems odd to make the introductory Level disproportionately expensive.
Mister Ed

Postby that guy » Wed May 04, 2011 8:59 am

I'm still not sure how this whole program will go over. While Lego is clearly marketing to kids with this program, they are most likely alienating anyone over 12 which just makes me wonder how long this will live before they go back to 'theme based' Brickmaser type programs. I like the idea, but can't help wishing they kept both an 'adult' version of Brickmaster while rolling out this kiddie 'learn how to build' program. But you know what they say, "wish in one hand, and s**T in the other and see what you get first".
that guy

Postby WarlordJHW » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:22 pm

REAL masters like me don't NEED those. :facepalm: :lol: :lol: :lol: :O :D XD :lol: :x:
Gosh, is that Cheetos on your keyboard?
Spoiler: show
Kingdoms and Castles, what should I choose?
WarlordJHW

Postby Coret » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:29 pm

So then there is no need for that post, now is there? The MBA has been great to help my sons understand some of the basics of MOCing. It's not geared toward people that have been doing it for years.
Coret

Return to Original Themes