Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

More series of Collectible Minifigures to come!

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

More series of Collectible Minifigures to come!

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:40 am

Patrick Bégin, LEGO ambassador for QuéLUG, found an interesting quote in issue #14 of Brickjournal.

In an article entitled "Talking about Minifigures" (that starts on page 62), there's an interview with Matthew Ashton, Senior Creative Director of LEGO Playthemes and IPs (Intellectual Properties), who's the Lead Designer for the Collectible Minifig Series.

In page 65, the author of the article, quoting Ashton, wrote:
... And yes the designs are well underway! We are currently working on Series 6, 7 and 8 and all characters are locked on those collections. Series 6 is completed from a design perspective and we are cracking on the elements and decos for Series 7 as we speak. So to illustrate how far ahead we are, we are working on Series 7 as Series 3 is just hitting retail shelves (January 2011)...

So it looks like we'll see lots more series of Collectible Minifigures.
Daz Hoo

Re: More series of Collectible Minifigures to come!

Postby bigj22 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:11 am

Sweeeeeeeet. All I want is for them to release a football player. Please Lego
bigj22

Postby Chief » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:20 am

Thanks for the news, Daz!

bigj22 wrote:Sweeeeeeeet. All I want is for them to release a football player. Please Lego

Isn't the football player all but confirmed with the new helmet and faceguard from the ice hockey player?
Chief

Postby Jabba the Taff » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Most of the world have already got a football player! ;)

But oh no to my wallet. Love CMs and can't see myself avoiding them. I normally find deciding on which sets to buy not a problem, but need all the CMs. I know they're not exactly expensive but 4 more series at least means £160 ( I buy a whole set of ebay)
Jabba the Taff

Postby bigj22 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:41 am

Isn't the football player all but confirmed with the new helmet and faceguard from the ice hockey player?[/quote]

Probably, but I want a Real version. Maybe one that comes with a football. If not then I guess I will have to do s a little custom work on a lot of hockey players. :(
bigj22

Postby GIR3691 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:55 pm

Yeesh. Too many minfigs!
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Chief » Mon May 02, 2011 9:13 am

bigj22 wrote:Isn't the football player all but confirmed with the new helmet and faceguard from the ice hockey player?

Probably, but I want a Real version. Maybe one that comes with a football. If not then I guess I will have to do s a little custom work on a lot of hockey players. :([/quote]

I don't think you understood me. With the hockey player they now have this new helmet mold and the faceguard that goes over it. With those, Lego has the basic trappings of a football player ready to go. Just needs a new torso/leg/face print and a football mold and it's done.
Chief

Postby dodge » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:02 pm

How does Lego expect me to afford food with all of these minifigures planned. Oh well, I guess my kid won't be going to College after all... :'(
dodge

Postby lego ninjago » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:48 pm

Hey for series 8 you should make some lego universe minifigs like a parodox space madador,venture leage daredevil,an assembley enginier,and a sentenail knight all in rank tree with a valient weapons and a cape two but also shoulder gear so you can change them out! And maybe a couple different maelstrom monsters but if did all of this I would not care what the others are! PLEASE I WOULD EVEN PAY MORE PER BAG!
lego ninjago

Return to Original Themes