Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Modular Building 2011 - 10218 Pet Store

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Modular Building 2011 - 10218 Pet Store

Postby banthafodder » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:58 pm

As my second favorite line, after Star Wars of course, I'm wondering if anyone has any information on the new set. There were early rumors that it would be a post office since there was a mailbox on the emporium set, however, EB is posting that it will be a pet store, set number 10218, based off a New Zealand toy store catalog and due out in August. Any one at the toy fair or anyone else have any insight into this?
banthafodder

Re: Modular Building 2011

Postby Chief » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:21 pm

There was no modular building set on display at Toy Fair, much to my disappointment. I had also read the pet shop rumor on EB and think that would be a fine addition to the series.
Chief

Re: Modular Building 2011

Postby Draykov » Wed May 04, 2011 7:33 am

Looks like the EB rumor was true:

10218 Pet Store - available May 10 according to Brothers-Brick (more pics).

Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: Modular Building 2011 - 10218 Pet Store

Postby banthafodder » Wed May 04, 2011 11:00 pm

I like it. The new orange "gold" fish looks great.
banthafodder

Postby MicroJow » Tue May 10, 2011 11:08 am

Wow. The Lego Store was out to get my wallet today and they succeeded. Picked up the Pet Store, Tripod Invader, and Mill. Was also tempted by the Marina & Harbor, but decided I was being irresponsible enough for one day.

- J
MicroJow

Postby bigospedros » Tue May 10, 2011 12:29 pm

*purchased*

I really should build the Grand Emporium set that I bought about 2 months ago :S
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby MicroJow » Thu May 12, 2011 2:46 pm

I'm taking my time and enjoying this build. Finished the brownstone portion last night and am working on the pet store now. No complaints about the brownstone - it's a really nice design and the basement was a nice surprise (as was the painter. When I installed the "furnishings" on the second floor, I was wondering what kind of European art-deco furniture they were going for... then I realized it wasn't furniture!)

The pet store is also coming together nicely, but my pet peeve from previous modular buildings has reared its head again: the spelling of words with bricks. I knew it was coming - it's obvious right there on the box - but I'd much prefer a printed sign on future buildings (but if the only other option was a sticker, I'd much rather "stick" with spelling words with bricks!)

I wonder how long it will be before we get another corner building? The Grand Emporium, Cafe Corner, Grocery Store, and Fire House (with half of Market Street included) take up my entire shelf so there's no place for me to insert this new building! Another corner building would be welcome so I could start another "block." :)

- J
MicroJow

Postby onions » Tue May 17, 2011 9:11 pm

they should make a corner gas station
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby GIR3691 » Wed May 18, 2011 7:59 am

I hope they continue with these smaller buildings, or smaller modular buildings in general. A corner gas station would be great. The convenience store, pumps, awnings, and a couple cars would be quite satisfying for a lower price point. These half-buildings also offer a lot more customization in your city layout, so more are welcome.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby notenoughbricks » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:20 am

Agreed. The smaller Market Street sized buildings that make up this set are a welcomed change from the full baseplate sized buildings that we've seen in the past. These buildings are less parts intensive than previous models which makes MOC-ing one easier. Unlike MicroJow I built these buildings at a rapid fire pace during Hurricane Irene and then the day after outside in the sunlight because my house was without power.

As with the other sets in this amazing theme the Sand Blue bricks are a much needed addition to my personal brick collection and this ensures that I purchase multiple copies of this set! Thankfully the entire Pet Shop uses the Sand Blue bricks, not just for a facade so you do get a very nice amount of this color in a few sizes of 1x bricks.
notenoughbricks

Return to Original Themes