Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO games in stores, but not available direct from LEGO?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

LEGO games in stores, but not available direct from LEGO?

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:22 pm

I was kind of surprised yesterday when I walked into the game aisle at my local Fred Meyer and saw brand new LEGO games on the shelf (Pirate Plank, and some game with a banana tree whose name I forget), yet when I (assuming, based on past experience that what is available at FM is only a subset of what it REALLY available) went to LEGO.com found that NEITHER of those games is available for purchase direct from LEGO.

This seemed weird to me. FM isn't usually one to get stuff early, they certainly don't have any exclusives, if anything they lag behind everybody else. This is the first time I have EVER seen ANY LEGO at a retailer that wasn't available on-line from LEGO (though I understand it happens at TRU quite a bit, I don't shop there).

Odd.
Mister Ed

Re: LEGO games in stores, but not available direct from LEGO

Postby Draykov » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:28 pm

I would guess that distribution for LEGO board games might vary from that of standard LEGO products. Maybe that's a variable in their appearance at Fred Meyers prior to Shop@Home.

And if you want first-hand examples of TRU getting stuff before LEGO Shop@Home, SHAZIMBUS!
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: LEGO games in stores, but not available direct from LEGO

Postby Frinklin » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:46 am

They usually make the brand name games into lego video games.
Frinklin

Return to Original Themes