Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] Collectible Minifigures Series 5

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: [NEW STUFF] Collectible Minifigures Series 5

Postby ufjason » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:25 am

Just got a set and decided for an impromptu in hand review.

The gladiator helmet is HUGE! Almost too big but that's not uncommon with Lego. The paint apps are pretty nice and I like the short sword a lot. This is the "spartan" of series 5 that everyone will want multiples of. Also the right arm has painted armor! Look for the helmet, sword or shield with a stud.

I see a lot of people making robes for Harry Potter figures with the design from the graduate, very cute. The hat is easy to feel as well as the tile piece.

Snowboarder just has a new face and chest print, we've seen the rest before. This one is obvious when you find it.

The violin case opens to conceal the gangster's pistol. Look for the violin case with handle, large brim hat or pistol.

I liked that they built on some of the themes with the lizard man, cave woman and Cleopatra.

Cave girl has a new hair piece that holds a bone, nice paint apps on this figure. Look for the bone or club.

Lizard man is hilarious in hand, the tail attaches to the neck, he an't really sit down. I was toying around with replacing the head with a solid red or black to make it more like a real lizard for space/castle themes. Look for the tail piece, the lizard head isn't easy to feel.

The Zookeeper's monkey piece is easy to feel and designed to hang from horizontal lego handheld diameter poles. Look for the monkey or banana.

The eskimo is a rehash of parts with a decent paint app and han solo's new hoodie. The pole makes thsi one super easy to find.

The boxer's gloves are not accessories, they are attached to the arms! Easy to find when you find a body with huge hands, the helmet was more difficult as it's smooth.

The clown has a new mold hat and pie piece. Look for the hat and pie.

The lumberjack has a new mold axe. Painted arms as well. Look for the axe and ball cap.

The dwarf we've seen before but we never got a lot of them before so I'm happy to see this one included! Look for the helmet, pole or smooth shield.

The aerobics girl is a rehash of parts with an 80's paint app. Look for the rectangular boombox and hairpiece.

Cleopatra has a new hair piece. Look for the triangular part that makes up the lower half, just as easy as the geisha from series 4.

The royal guard has a new hat piece, nice to see the non musket-ball rifle. The hat makes this one pretty easy to find.

The Detective has a new hat. Look for the magnifying glass, the hat kinda threw me off to the lumberjack once or twice but it's ridged and has two brims.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby SonOfSolo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Where were you able to find these??
SonOfSolo

Postby ufjason » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:14 am

In a Toysrus store, they're in stock for shipping right now as well.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby MicroJow » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:55 am

I mentioned in some other thread that, on Friday, based on Onions' finding them in one Southern California TRU, I called MY local Southern California TRU and confirmed they had a box out. I used the touchy-feelie method and within 10 minutes had pulled a complete set. Many thanks to the Lego Company for giving each minifig its own, easily-identifiable accessory!

- J
MicroJow

Postby SonOfSolo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:44 pm

So has anyone opened up a whole box yet??? What's the deal with the jungle boy and the flamenco dancer??? Real or screw up by Shop at Home???
SonOfSolo

Postby hankdelsi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:35 am

So has anyone opened up a whole box yet??? What's the deal with the jungle boy and the flamenco dancer??? Real or screw up by Shop at Home???

misprint, no such figures in this set. maybe next series???
hankdelsi

Postby SonOfSolo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:04 am

Thanks. I just wanted to know so when I do find them I'll know what to feel for.
SonOfSolo

Postby buriedbybricks » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:23 am

If any Canadians see them @ Walmart, PM me post haste! The last two series that touched down here were gone in 3 days. Thanks!
buriedbybricks

Postby that guy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:39 pm

I think it's interesting that TLG has now gone back and put at least 3 of every fig in the boxes instead of having one fig that has only 2. Thank goodness. And by the way, as much as I loved S4, I LOVE S5.

Breakdown in a case is as follows:

4 Lizard
4 Detective
4 Cavegirl
5 Zookeeper
4 Jazzercise girl
4 Clowns
6 Kickboxer
5 Beefeater
3 Graduate
3 Gladiator
3 Eskimo
3 Lumberjack
3 Dwarf
3 Cleopatra
3 Gangster
3 Snowboarder
that guy

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:00 am

FYI Canuckleheads, they just touched down in my local Wallyworld last night. $2.86 'nuff said.
buriedbybricks

Postby that guy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:43 pm

On a side note (maybe better off in another area) is that I am really hoping that TLG gets on board with 'variants' of minifigs for the Series Figs at some point. Since they're obviously into flooding the market at this point, I feel that offering rare variants of some of the figs would be awesome. Just imagine (get the pun??), a gladiator with a different helmet, baseball player with another color jersey, and on and on. Just my 2 cents but I think it'd be cool and add to the collect-ability now that there's no real challenge to collecting them.
that guy

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:07 pm

Why does there have to be a challenge? I know that is attractive to some, but for me, if I'm collecting something, I do so because I want to own and use it, not because it is difficult to track down. The enjoyment comes from the item itself, not the "hunt" for it, otherwise I don't bother. A distribution method that tries hard NOT to sell me what I want, requiring either ridiculous effort, or a pile of extra cash on the secondary market, to obtain is just aggravating to me, and tends to drive me to ignore something entirely.

For my part, getting full sets of the minifigs is already MORE than annoying enough. I only do it becuase it ISN'T TOO difficult, and I REALLY like the figs. I can't imagine ENCOURAGING them to make sets HARDER to complete.

But to each his own. Just because I can't personally fathom wanting to have rare variant figs to chase down, doesn't mean that those that DO are wrong, just that we all enjoy different things.
Mister Ed

Postby that guy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Very valid points as well, and certainly a fair enough argument for those more interested in the prize than the hunt. As you said, to each their own and I certainly respect that side of it. XD
that guy

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:42 am

Just found some at WM in NW Florida for $2.99. They were on one of those long plastic hanging deals with tabs in the middle of the Lego aisle. I've seen them so far at WM in boxes like they had at Target, the hanging box displays by the end of the aisle and this third way. I have yet to find them anywhere else or at TRU (sold out???).
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby onions » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:20 am

you know what i really like about the godzilla suit minifig other than the fact that its a godzilla suit minifig? the fact that the hole in his cape tail is big enough for the bottom of the minifig head, essentially covering his "neck".
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:07 pm

I just found these for the first time today and got a Godzilla Lizard King guy and a Graduate. I'm not going to buy all of them but the gangster and possibly the lumberjack are on the short list.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Previous

Return to Original Themes