Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] Collectible Minifigures Series 5

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

[NEW STUFF] Collectible Minifigures Series 5

Postby ccjwprongs » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:14 pm

Image of what appears to be 9 of the 16 figures in series 5.

I think the only suitable exclamation is, GODZILLA? :D
Last edited by Solo on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to confidential image removed. Also, that wasn't Godzilla.
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Re: [NEW STUFF] Collectible Minifigures Series 5

Postby Joedward » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Oooooh, we get a royal guard too.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby zwolya » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Godzilla FTW! But I'm also liking...Sherlock Holmes? I'd ike a better shot of that hat.
The dwarf is just overdone, and the clown makes it seem like they've got nothing better to do than recycle old ideas.
zwolya

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:52 pm

*squinting*

Looks like we've got:
1. Snake girl/Amazon woman - diggin' the Maude Lebowski hair.
2. Gladiator
3. Sherlock Holmes
4. Cavewoman
5. British royal guard - that's a ginormous hat. Is that a brown rifle?
6. Dwarf
7. Kickboxer - Awesome accessories here.
8. Godzilla suit - one of the best minifigures ever!
9. Clown #2 - LEGO pie, bowler hat... I'm totally okay with another clown since this guy's totally new.

I'm now very curious what the other 7 will be. Man, I haven't even gotten all of Series 3 yet! By the Series 5 comes out, they'll be $4 each. :P
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby The Brain » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:27 pm

GIR3691 wrote:*squinting*

Looks like we've got:
1. Snake girl/Amazon woman

I was thinking more of a Cleopatra-type myself, but the rest seem to agree with my thinking.

These are looking pretty sweet, especially Godzilla-suit dude. Perhaps someone can have a dramatic Godzilla vs. King Kong type fight with the gorilla suit guy from S3!
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Marty » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:42 am

I think it's cleopatra, though I could be wrong. Very pleased about the Sherlock holmes character though, I've been saying this all along that what Lego was lacking, was famous literature characters, as themes lately have just been covering old ground, now if only we had the sets to match, eh?
Just think of it, Nemo, The time traveller, the Morlocks, Doctor Jekyll, honestly the list is endless.
Now if only Lego would listen?
Marty

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:49 am

Now that you mention it, I guess it would be Cleopatra to go with the earlier Pharaoh. Makes more sense. :x
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:36 pm

Do we have confirmation that Series 5 IS 16 figs? I could totally see them cutting back to 9 figs per series, then fiddling the rarities so you would have to buy the same number, on average, to get a full set.
Mister Ed

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:25 pm

Wow...just looking at this 9 might make this the best series for me yet! I love the lizard man and gladiator. Seriously, there isn't one where I'm remotely "meh" on. I hope they don't drop it to 9. I don't see how that matters much b/c they sell through the roof, so cutting back might be an odd decision...unless they're starting to run out of ideas. And um, someone save this photo before it gets yanked! hahaha
Gooker1

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:43 pm

If they cut back to 9 figs, they save a bunch of production cost. If they mess with the rarities (and find a way of making them truly blind for the majority of their consumers) they can make it so you still have to buy just as many packs to get a full set as when there were 16 figs. So they make the same money, yet save a ton on production.

Of course, I have no real reason to think this is the case. I only thought of it because this is the first time I have seen photos for a new series that DIDN'T inlcude 16 figs, so I wondered if maybe 9 was all there were.
Mister Ed

Postby Frank-Lloyd-Knight » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Mister Ed wrote:Do we have confirmation that Series 5 IS 16 figs? I could totally see them cutting back to 9 figs per series, then fiddling the rarities so you would have to buy the same number, on average, to get a full set.

I would guess that Lego would cnotinue with 16 figures in each series. If you look at the artwork from the front of the individual figure packets for the previous series, there are only 9 figures shown, rather than all 16 for that series.
Frank-Lloyd-Knight

Postby majortom » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Aww missed the leaked pics :(

But from what I've read in the previous posts this does indeed sound like potentially (one of) the best series yet! If LEGO do cut down the volume of figs per series, wouldn't it make more sense to cut it down to eight figs rather than nine? That way two newer editions would make up the 'usual' sixteen figures/ complete edition of the series. Anyway, I hope there are more to come! -It adds to the anticipation. :D
majortom

Postby J30spiff » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:43 pm

The British Guard and Gladiator are the two that catch my eye in this series. I hope Lego cuts back on the # of minifigs in the series. Hopefully this will lead to more figs I actually want to get.
J30spiff

Postby Robzula » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:55 pm

I wouldn't be too sad if they cut down the number of figs in the series. It could lead to more good figs, cutting out those less than desirable ones, making it easier on collectors who will buy them to complete their collection even though they don't really like them.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby fredjh » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:51 pm

I find it very unlikely they will cut down the number of figures for ONE out of the FIVE series originally planned. That would make very little sense.

The simplest and most likely explanation is it was a preliminary picture of what will be on the packet, not the whole set.
fredjh

Postby cas » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:34 pm

Yeah, the orientation of the figures is the same as the previous series' packaging, none of which showed the entire 16 figure line-up. They each showed 9. Series 5 will have 16 figures, probably in purple packaging, judging by vaporous image.

Definitely not as excited for this batch as Series 4, however.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:35 pm

fredjh wrote:I find it very unlikely they will cut down the number of figures for ONE out of the FIVE series originally planned. That would make very little sense.

I was unaware that they had initially planned 5 series. I was under the impression that they initially planned TWO series, and were watching how the first sold to determine if they went beyond that. If it really was a plan for five all along, then, yeah, it would make little sense to change it up on the last one. I figured at this point they were working one series at a time, based on how previous series had done, and what figs were most popular, so I didn't see any illogic in them picking series 5 to make a change.
Mister Ed

Postby meeotch » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Not that I have anything to base this off of other than my own intuition, but I could see that they could have designed 5 series, but only initially guaranteed to have produced the first two series, with the decision to put the others into production after seeing how well series 1 sold.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:15 pm

Is it me, or is anyone else excited what color the packets are going to be? I'm guessing series 4 is going to be red, but I don't have a clue what series 5 will be. :)
Gooker1

Postby cas » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm under the impression that Series 4 packaging will be orange. I'm betting heavily that Series 5 is purple. I believe it was determined that the packaging would not be red because it clashes with the LEGO logo.
cas
Staff Writer

Next

Return to Original Themes