Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Light bricks in Winter Themes

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Light bricks in Winter Themes

Postby Jabba the Taff » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Am I missing something obvious? Or has anyone come up with a way of keeping the lights on in the Winter buildings (10199 and 10216)? I don't want it constantly obviously, but being able to look at them without having my finger stuck in the back would be nice. It's the only thing annoying about these marvellous sets.
Jabba the Taff

Re: Light bricks in Winter Themes

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:49 pm

I thought a technic ring would work, but no. I only have the Toy Shop, and to keep that one lit, you'd have to come up with a way to make a swing-in brick or bricks that would shove up against the lever and keep it lit. Or you could try mounting the light brick in a way that it would remain lit. Or...tape. Don't hurt me...it's better than suggesting glue...
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:27 pm

This is what I do when I need the light to stay on by itself. The parts on the left attach to the top and bottom of the brick and hold down the button, and being LEGO, are easily removed when you're done.

Not having either of the Winter sets, I don't know if this will work for you, but it's the simplest way to get the light to stay on without physically holding the button down.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby JuanBlase » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:00 pm

Anyone know how long the batteries will last if the button is held down continuously and the batteries are fresh?
JuanBlase

Postby banthafodder » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:14 pm

^ I guess that's like asking how many licks does it take to get the center of a tootsie pop. The world may never know.
banthafodder

Postby MisterFubar » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:53 pm

The light bricks use 2 LR41 batteries. Assuming they are about 30 MaH each and the LED uses about 20mA I would say that the it should stay lit for about an hour and a half give or take.
MisterFubar

Postby Robzula » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:17 pm

banthafodder wrote:^ I guess that's like asking how many licks does it take to get the center of a tootsie pop. The world may never know.

You got served
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:11 pm

GIR3691 wrote:Image

This is what I do when I need the light to stay on by itself. The parts on the left attach to the top and bottom of the brick and hold down the button, and being LEGO, are easily removed when you're done.

Not having either of the Winter sets, I don't know if this will work for you, but it's the simplest way to get the light to stay on without physically holding the button down.

Asked and answered - nice one, sir. That design should work for the Winter Toy Shop. Make it all in white and it will practically blend in.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Jabba the Taff » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:58 am

Thanks all!! In white it looks ace. And makes showing off the village much easier!!
Jabba the Taff

Return to Original Themes