Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Series 2 Mini Figures

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Series 2 Mini Figures

Postby SDIronClaw » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:38 pm

So yesterday my wife when to the PX here on post, Im active duty Army, she had mentioned about seeing Series 2 Mini Figures in the Toy Section. I found that information rather surprising seeing how Fort Irwin has a rather small PX, it does not have a wide selection of toys, let alone Lego sets. So I went in today, and sure enough found two pretty much untouched boxes. I tested one of them at a price checker and was surpised to see it for $1.95. Seeing how its tax free, that is sale price too. So I picked up 12 of them. I am wondering if I should go back and buy up both boxes for that kind of price. Pretty cool me thinks.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Re: Series 2 Mini Figures

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:54 pm

You might want to at least find the code list and go back to get what you want. Also, isn't Ft. Irwin kind of small, thus it would have a small PX?
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby SDIronClaw » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:You might want to at least find the code list and go back to get what you want. Also, isn't Ft. Irwin kind of small, thus it would have a small PX?

To my knowledeg there are no codes for the Series 2. Its either done by feel or luck of the draw. Irwin is rather small compared to most other installations. If they were to build a bigger PX or have more of a selection, I know for a fact the revenue would be there.
SDIronClaw

Postby onions » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:27 pm

onions
Founder
Founder

Postby MisterFubar » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Nice score, at that price I probably would have bought a case.

I've looked at the PX at Forts Leavenworth and Riley recently and they didn't have any. The PX is usually a good place to score some older sets that have been sold out everywhere else.
MisterFubar

Postby Robzula » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:56 pm

onions wrote:http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/miscellaneous/8684Barcodes.pdf

When we got them at my Walmart, the barcodes were all the same so that list was useless. My friend and I had to feel them out.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby banthafodder » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:19 pm

^Were there not two sets of barcodes on the package? There was the larger barcode which were all the same and a smaller secondary barcode in the upper right corner on the back I believe which identified the minifig.
banthafodder

Postby SDIronClaw » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:39 pm

The bigger bar codes are all the same as batha poodoo(lol jk) explained. The smaller bar codes are the ones you have to look at. There are no numbers...so you really have to study the lines closely. I random picked 12 packets. Come to find out I ended up with 4 duplicates. I scored the Ringmaster, Surfer(Yay, Lukes Hair), Witch, Mexican Dude, Karate Champ, and the Skier. I already had the Baywatch Babe, CHIP Bike Cop, and the Professor. That left me with 4 duplicates, well 3 actually..since I opened the CHIP Bike Cop to have two. Ill return the other 3 tomorrow. My plan is to print out the bar codes out and go rumage through the boxes to find a complete set tomorrow. Hopefully I will not get accosted by any AAFES workers in the process. Might end up to see how many Spartan's I can walk away with too.

Since this is a pretty good deal and I was thinking. If any of you want any by request, let me know and as long as you pay shipping Ill sell them to you for what I paid for them. Two things though one, don't get too crazy on the quantity or Ill have to get the money upfront and two Im pretty good reading the bar graphs and doing the feel test. So let me know.
Last edited by SDIronClaw on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDIronClaw

Postby Robzula » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:44 pm

There were two sets of numbers, one was the same for all the figs, one was complete gibberish compared to the cheat sheet. I guess I never really bothered looking at the bars themselves as that would take almost as long as and less accurate than just feeling them up.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby AbstractedIdeal » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:56 am

SDIronClaw wrote:The bigger bar codes are all the same as batha poodoo(lol jk) explained. The smaller bar codes are the ones you have to look at.

...and you don't even to look at the whole barcode, as it's only the right-most third of the smaller barcode that changes.

I don't have any S2 barcodes handy, but S1 did things exactly the same:-

(Stripes in grey can be ignored.)
AbstractedIdeal

Postby SDIronClaw » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:37 pm

I went back today and was able to complete the collection...except for...yup the Spartan. Both boxes didnt have one. They looked full for the most part, is there a guarenteed Spartan in at least one per box? Maybe a collector got there before me...oh well. I got two surfers...for Luke Skywalker, two Pharohs and two Vampires. They are pretty cool, although the plastic seems a bit cheaper made from regular Lego mini figures.
SDIronClaw

Postby AbstractedIdeal » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:01 pm

SDIronClaw wrote:is there a guarenteed Spartan in at least one per box?

I believe there are supposed to be three.
AbstractedIdeal

Postby onions » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:30 am

that is correct: 3 per box.
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to Original Themes