Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

What do you do with all your Collectible Minifigs?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

What do you do with all your Collectible Minifigs?

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:45 am

Now that Series 3 is out and rumors of Series 4 are circulating, it's got me thinking.

If you are like most people and have bought at least one of each, what are you doing with all those minifigs? 16 per wave x 4 waves = 64 minifigures!, and that's if they stop at wave 4. How are you guys displaying all those? Lining them all up on a shelf? Incorporating them into various diorama MOCs? Gluing them to the wall?

Here's one method a friend of mine showed me, using a model train display case for each wave. Even that will take up a lot of space after enough cases get filled though. I have a custom-built display shelf made up of 1x2x5 bricks and 2x8 plates, but I'll need to at least double the size to fit the first four waves. I'm not sure I even have the space for that. Any ideas? What are you guys doing with them?
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Re: What do you do with all your Collectible Minifigs?

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:02 pm

Uh, I'm letting my kids play with them. (I don't display them, they are all in a small box.)

Yes, there are risks associated with this (already lost the back half of the Mexican guy's poncho somehow), but they LOVE mixing and matching them all. I confess, though, that I DO try to do an inventory after each play session (the poncho was lost when I didn't). And this will get more tedious the more series they put out. Assuming I still buy them- it seems likely that MSRP will be raised, and I'm not sure I'm willing to spend 50% more on them, especially if it continues to get harder to pick out a full set.

EDIT: Yay! I found the missing poncho!
Last edited by Mister Ed on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Ed

Postby bigospedros » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:48 pm

I have mine on some perspex stepped shelves, I think they're meant for jewellery in shop displays!? Anyway, they work well for the minifigs and 2 of them have enough room for all 4 series. Pics are here and here (they're too big to embed)
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby J30spiff » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:39 pm

GIR3691 - I really love the train display case idea that your friend used. Looks really cool.
J30spiff

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:48 am

Mine are currently spread among the other sets I have on two shelves of a bookcase. Yes, that means that a Pharaoh is standing next to Jar Jar Binks and a Vampire, but some things can't be helped.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby SuperDave » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:21 am

I try to buy only the ones I want and will use in MOCs or displays. After opening and assembling them, I chuck them in my minifig bins, sorted by theme (or as close to it as I can: robots with space, monsters with Batman/Agents heroes, hoplites with castle, etc.).
SuperDave

Postby Andi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 am

Mine are standing in the Master Replicas Scaled Replica Trio Display Case right now. But my blaster and two lightsabers do not like this very much...
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Tar » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:18 pm

+1 for kids playing with them. They are interspersed with all the rest, less a few like the vampire and witch which go with our Halloween decorations. The kids love em, they are pretty fun to add to the weird stuff they build.
Tar

Postby banthafodder » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:06 am

The first two series I displayed in cases large enough to hold all sixteen figs from each wave. But with the third series out, I've decided to start combining them based on themes such as space, historical figs, monsters, athletes, circus, beach, and misc. They all go together so well.
banthafodder

Postby EbonHawk » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:23 am

My sister and I play with them all the time and when we're not they are all over our lego city.I really just bought them for the bases so I could display all my Batman guys.But now I can't wait for series 3 and 4. XD
EbonHawk

Return to Original Themes