Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

3222 City Helicopter and Limousine Sold Out???

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

3222 City Helicopter and Limousine Sold Out???

Postby pacific493 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:22 pm

I just noticed that the City Limousine and Helicopter #3222 is sold out at S&H. Anyone know what the deal is with this set? It seems like it showed up on S&H several months ago. Any idea if it will be coming back or was it just a super limited edition?
pacific493

Re: 3222 City Helicopter and Limousine Sold Out???

Postby MisterFubar » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:08 pm

It's a Walmart exclusive in the states, and my local store still has plenty on the shelf.

I won't speculate why it's sold out at S@H and if it's going to come back.
MisterFubar

Postby Draykov » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:51 am

Looks like it's out of stock on Wal-Mart's website as well. Pac, if you're interested in acquiring this set and you have access to a Wal-Mart, I'd pull the trigger. There's always a possibility that it could come back in stock, but if it's something you really want I wouldn't take a chance on a store exclusive this close to the holidays. It seems to me that retailers often request exclusive sets from LEGO specifically to drum up some extra Christmas sales, then they disappear for good. Bricklink prices (from US sellers at any rate) are already above MSRP for a sealed set.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby pacific493 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:48 pm

I checked out my local Wal Mart today and they were sold out. I have never seen a set sell out so fast. It was on sale for less than 6 months. I'm glad I grabbed at least one while they were here.
pacific493

Postby Bellicose » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:37 pm

5 copies at my Wal-Mart. Anybody want 'em?

All gone now, thanks to the WM clearance that saw the price drop to 15 bucks. Wow...
Bellicose

Return to Original Themes