Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

An amazing way of getting the Series 1 and 2 figs

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

An amazing way of getting the Series 1 and 2 figs

Postby 884thlegion » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:07 am

Last Sunday Nov.14, I went to Build City, the local LEGO store here in the Philippines, just before leaving I got some codes. When I arrived in the Build City, I forgot the purpose, instead I found myself looking and nearly drooling at Slave 1. So I went to the counter and showed them my barcodes, first they asked me 'Sir, what minifig do you need?' I wanted a Spaceman and Ninja. To my surprise, the barcodes were useless, instead, they would feel the package for the minifig inside, 1st one was the Ninja then the Spaceman. They memorized everything in the packages of Series 1& 2. All they did is feel the package and in a second, you'll have what you want. You'll never need barcodes here, Build City knows all the minifigs without codes.
884thlegion

Re: An amazing way of getting the Series 1 and 2 figs

Postby Robzula » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:53 am

The barcodes were useless at my Walmart by the time they got the series 2 figs too, so me and my buddy and a random 8 year old kid sat there for about an hour one day feeling them out to find the ones we wanted. We of course promised to look for the figs he wanted and give them to him first, but it turned out he was much better or much luckier at it and ended up finding all of his and most of ours before we found any of worth...

The point is, they're not all THAT tough to find without the barcodes (a little time consuming, sure), you just gotta feel for that one defining piece they all have, like a headpiece or a spear.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:24 am

I know someone who is faster in feeling than me with using the barcodes. But actually, both is very time consuming. Fastest would be to buy a whole box ;-)
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby 884thlegion » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:16 am

Andi wrote:I know someone who is faster in feeling than me with using the barcodes. But actually, both is very time consuming. Fastest would be to buy a whole box ;-)

getting the whole box is risky, I don't want to end up with the same figure.
884thlegion

Postby ccjwprongs » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:54 pm

At my local Toymaster (UK), the staff go through the boxes as soon as they get them and label them with a number according to each barcode, so they can just pick out whichever you want as soon as you go in - they bring out a barcode list, you point out the one you want, they find the appropriately numbered bag. Easy :)
Neeeooowwwwww
ccjwprongs

Return to Original Themes