Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Series 3 code list cracked - FBTB gets to break the story!

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: Series 3 code list cracked - FBTB gets to break the stor

Postby SonOfSolo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:11 pm

meeotch wrote:Most of us lost any notion of shame years ago.

Hahahahahahahahaha.................so true.
SonOfSolo

Postby that guy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:18 pm

I have been going through a few more cases this weekend while hopped up on turkey and junk and have admittedly found that at least one of the codes while mostly correct may be in need of correction. The fisherman code as I dotted on the pack is missing a dot. The code appears to actually be a mirror image of itself so that should help you fill in the missing dot. As some of you have found, and most will find later, this system is not foolproof. A lot rides on the stamping process by Lego and while there are some slight variations, I have still been 100% while coding simply because you really only need to be 90% accurate to be basically 100% accurate since there are such distinct differences between the majority of the codes. Anyway, just thought I'd pass that on.
that guy

Postby zwolya » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:41 pm

I made a TRU run today looking for the new Star Wars line, and got these as a consolation prize. I can echo that the system isn't foolproof, and that the Fisherman in particular is missing the dot mentioned by that guy in the post above mine. I got the Mummy and a few others perfectly, but after searching for some (like the Elf) for the better part of an hour, I went back and instead tried to get 16 unique dot codes. All that yielded was doubles of the Sumo and Baseball player, with no Indian, Street Punk, Monkey...you get the idea. Point being, I held 2 of the same minifigs' packages next to each other, and they were different... :S Anywho, I got most of what I wanted, (including that elusive Elf) but the biggest let-down was the Fisherman MISSING HIS FISHING POLE! What gives with that? And I believe that I can't even order a replacement through Lego, because replacement parts aren't available for the first two Series'. Is there any other option besides waiting until it gets to Bricklink?
zwolya

Postby swe3t23 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:02 am

i got two packages from the legos store.

I got the tennis player but didn't have a racket which sucks. But what are you gonna do.

I thought you can trade if you open your mini figures and get the same one to trade at the front of the desk. I asked they don't have any trades. I thought that is not fair.

Didn't know there was a code system. Gonna go back and get two more.

The prices at the actual legos store is $2.99 but they put a limit of 16 per customer.
swe3t23

Postby noone » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:52 am

Draykov wrote:
AbstractedIdeal wrote:I was in TRU for CMFv1 comparing barcodes and got one of the dirtiest looks from a mom who was bringing her kids over, followed by a really snarky "What? Are you TWELVE?!". :x

Some people need to just mind their own business. Nice job being the bigger person though.

Really? The only reaction I've ever gotten in the toy section with my barcode sheet is "COOL! Can I borrow that?". And I've made one assistant manager and a toy store owner very happy by supplying them with copies of That Guy's dots. Most places around me seem quite eager to help their customers get the figure they want. Several even offer them in sealed packages or in opened packages with the figure re-sealed into a clear bag so that you can buy them blind if you want, or just get the ones you want. (All of which rather suggest sales are sooo high that Lego might not need to worry excessively about blind packaging...)

And as for case contents, my case only had 2 fishermen as well.
noone

Postby MisterFubar » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:05 am

My local target finally had them out in the Valentine's Day section. One box that looks like it had just been opened and was only missing a few and one box that was still sealed. I almost grabbed the whole sealed box but decided it's just not worth the trouble to resell that many of them.

I was finally able to grab the fisherman that I needed to complete my set. Also got a couple elves and my daughter blindly grabbed a Pilot and 2 Samurai.

I could have had them for any price as they weren't in the system when we went to check-out, but I took the high-road and told her they were marked $2.99. Odd that they had a price label on the shelf that said Series 3 minifig 2.99 but they weren't ringing up.
MisterFubar

Postby banthafodder » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:50 am

I had a similar thing happen at my Target yesterday. They wouldn't ring-up so the clerk just asked how much they were. It was tempting to say $.99 but I did tell her the real price figuring karma would get me in the end.
banthafodder

Postby combattank » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:40 am

banthafodder wrote:I had a similar thing happen at my Target yesterday. They wouldn't ring-up so the clerk just asked how much they were. It was tempting to say $.99 but I did tell her the real price figuring karma would get me in the end.

Plus, the Eyes in the Sky are a strong deterrent. They could probably link up the item being purchased and the person buying it via the registers and the cameras.
combattank

Postby MisterFubar » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:16 am

combattank wrote:
banthafodder wrote:I had a similar thing happen at my Target yesterday. They wouldn't ring-up so the clerk just asked how much they were. It was tempting to say $.99 but I did tell her the real price figuring karma would get me in the end.

Plus, the Eyes in the Sky are a strong deterrent. They could probably link up the item being purchased and the person buying it via the registers and the cameras.

And do what? :lol:

In my case it would have been easier to just look at the name on the credit card.

Went to 5 targets yesterday and and had to tell them the price at all of them.
MisterFubar

Postby that guy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:12 am

I can tell you that Loss Prevention usually doesn't give a rip about anyone telling a cashier the wrong price (what they care about is cracking down on the cashier that let you get away with it). They often spend more time and money on internal loss (employee theft and damage) than external loss (customer theft). It's not your obligation other than from a moral standpoint (which I of course agree with) to give the right price. You aren't changing the shelf tag or modifying anything that is deceptive. I mean seriously, if it weren't for most of us being tied into all these Lego sites we wouldn't know any more than the next soccer mom who may just assume they're the same price as some other $.99 candy treat in the V-day section. It's the store/companies responsibility to accurately display and charge the correct price. If they ask, and you tell what you 'think' the shelf said it's their decision to then check the price or honor your word. It happens every day in retail and is why there are countless training videos (that I used to help produce) that get watched and forgotten or ignored in the real world. It's a rare employee that takes true ownership in the company they work for and actually cares about a $1 or $2 pricing error. It's one of the many reasons most retail stores budget anywhere from .5% - 1% of their budget to 'shrink' or in layman term, moneys unaccounted for.
that guy

Postby etcknight » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:08 am

I also have encountered these in the Valentine's section at my local Target for $2.99.

I can confirm that the dotting / code system is error-prone and not 100% accurate. While it does take more time without the code, there is a certain sense of satisfaction when you find the minifigs you're looking for. I forgot to print out the cheat sheet, and spent the better part of an hour sorting through one box. I got a bunch of the series, but only found one elf. I stopped by 2 other Targets and finally came out with 5 elves. Are there only 2 per box?! :S

Finally though, I have started my Elf army, and I've long been waiting to "suit up" and "weaponize" these Elves! And, I can say, the wait was well worth it! :cool:

BTW, if anyone wants to trade Elves for Spartans (I'm looking for Elves), I'll be posting on the Trade page also. :D

etcknight

Postby grubster » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 pm

The codes in the pictures and the codes in the list are not exact:
The baseballer packet that I got has an extra dot on the right
The gorilla, I battled to see any dots on the left
The dots are hard to see on some packets.
Here in Australia they are selling for $4.90each in Target - :roll: so it really sucks if you get duplicates that you didnt want. :facepalm:
Anyhow thanks for posting the cheats, just knowing to look for bumps has helped to reduce the instance of double ups. XD
Last edited by Solo on Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't overuse the font color feature.
grubster

Postby Robzula » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:14 pm

Solo wrote:Don't overuse the font color feature.

There's a font color feature? Oh man, I am TOTALLY going to be typing in all black from now on.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby swe3t23 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:49 am

the code posted is not accurate. for me the fisherman and the elf is different from the code posted.
Everything else it pretty accurate. Found fisherman which i thought was the space villian at Target in the states. The elf i knew how to feel the bow and arrow.

But the fisherman and elf had different codes from the code list.

so hope that helps people.

i just need the space villian and then i have the complete set.

hopefully i can find it this weekend.
swe3t23

Postby banthafodder » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:30 am

There have been some reports on Eurobricks that the codes were switched around during later runs. I've noticed the same thing when buying some of the figs at Target.
banthafodder

Postby Marty » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:44 pm

After reading what has been said here, I think Lego has finally seen the light, as I went on Saturday to Big-W armed with the dot codes and would you believe it, there was nothing on the packets?
No dots, no bar-codes, nothing, but I still managed to find all the figures and I didn't open them either?
I did however make 4 mistakes which I'm happy about as they where 4 extra figures I could use, and apart from the odd look from the store assistant, I took my time and figured out what they where.
An my advice is if anyone asks what you are doing, just explain to them, you don't wish me to buy doubles and if you like I'll buy a heap of them and the ones I figure out that I already got, return them, after all, that is store policy.
Because the packets are not cheap, $4.75 AUD and although I have all day, I'm sure she had better things to do than watch me. Needless to say she left me alone? ;)
Marty

Postby Walter Boy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:52 pm

Has anyone seen this series at Target recently? They were in the Valentine's Day section a few weeks ago, but they seem to be sold out for now. Here's hoping Target get's them restocked in soon!

Thanks.
Walter Boy

Postby MicroJow » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:25 pm

At the Target closest to me, they removed the shelf tag from the Valentine's section and put a new box out by the gaming / trading cards area. Up by the registers.

- J
MicroJow

Postby Walter Boy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks for your response!

Apparently my local target just had them sold out, not moved to the registers. They're nowhere to be found there. I'm guessing I won't see them get in another shipment either.
Walter Boy

Previous

Return to Original Themes