Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] Collectible Minifigures Series 4

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: [NEW STUFF] Collectible Minifigures Series 4

Postby that guy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Draykov wrote:
Crusader wrote:I think the piles of unsold Series 3 are directly related to not knowing what you're getting for $3, not that they are a dollar more.

My guess is that it's a bit of both.

I would also add that as we've talked about before, Lego got a bit over zealous with their own product too fast. They need to make a decision between selling tons of them but disclosing what's in them OR keep the blind packs but go back to limited production and stop shipping 10 million to everyone. They can't have both and maintain that model for much longer or sales with drop faster than Kirstie Ally's mouth in front of a donut shop.
that guy

Postby samtheq » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:27 am

I finally found them yesterday at one of my two TRU's within driving distance--good news is, I simply picked up the box, went and paid for them. No limits, and the computer let me walk out with 36 packs, so this must be limited to management discretion or something.
You would think that retail stores have a goal of wanting to SELL things, though!

brant
samtheq

Postby Marty » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:36 am

Goodnews, series 4 has arrive in Australia, picked up the full set, along with 3 skateboarders, 1 monster & 3 extra skaters.
Found them in a Target store in Waverly Gardens, Melbourne, (at the front counters).
Heads up, they still have plenty of the Green packets left in the toy area, should you need those too.
Marty

Postby SonOfSolo » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:59 am

My TRU used to have them behind the counter at customer service. Now they just put them out on the endcap of the Lego isle. There is a limit of 3 and they made a little sign and stuck it to each case.
SonOfSolo

Postby Kav'ryn » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:08 pm

We went to our local Toys'R'Us the other day - they still had six cases apiece of series 3 and 4. I don't think anyone's going to be missing out on these because they're selling out too fast xD

There's still no cheatsheet for this series (at least, not that I could find) so we used the feel method. I'd venture to say that it was easier and more reliable than using a cheatsheet , although it took a bit longer. Oh, and if you're looking for mad scientists, his hair's squishy =D
Kav'ryn

Postby Morgan19 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Kav'ryn wrote:There's still no cheatsheet for this series (at least, not that I could find)

FYI... Series 4 bump codes (via Brickset)

m19
Morgan19

Postby Coret » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Yeah, I went to TRU, and got the entire series 4, + 1 extra Musketeer (wanted 3, but they only had 2) all by feel. It is so much faster than sitting there trying to match up dots, and I feel more confident in the feel.
Coret

Postby TheBohrok » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Thanks for the cheat sheet, Jaime! I picked up two earlier (before I found the code) from TRU. I was surprised that they lowered the prices back down to $2.99 each; for S3 they were $3.99 at my store! Anyway, tried the feel method but still wasn't sure what I got till I opened them. Got the skateboarder and sailor. Going back tomorrow with the sheet method. :D
TheBohrok

Postby bobalego » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:23 am

Man, how many of these do you have to buy (with out using bricklink/ebay or cheatsheat,) to get a complete set. I now have bought 40 of them and still don't have a complete set...but sure do have a lot of garden gnomes...so don't tell me LEGO isn't short packing them...only missing hazmat guy and werewolf...but seriously, 40! That's a lot of extra figures...I guess I will head over to trade section...and give the rest to my nieces and nephews...Anyone want to make a Gnomeo&Juliet diorama?
bobalego

Postby MicroJow » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Looks like TRU.com has quietly raised their price on Series 4 to $3.49 apiece...

- MJ
MicroJow

Previous

Return to Original Themes