Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego board game die tiles...

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Lego board game die tiles...

Postby bobalego » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Anyone know exactly how many die tiles there are? I have looked on bricklink and know that there are many, including standard 1-6 but aside from (exhaustingly) compiling a database myself is there a photo link anywhere with them all on one page?
bobalego

Re: Lego board game die tiles...

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:04 pm

I don't think there are really all THAT many. Many of the games use standard colored tiles of various sizes, which I assume isn't what you are referring to. I know the Hogwarts game has a couple special ones (Marauder's Map and rotation symbol), and Rameses Pyramid has three special ones (half black with a two, half pyramid rotation with a one, and half mummy with a three). Also, I think the Atlantis Treasure die has almost all special tiles (compass directions and stuff). However, other than that I think it is just the 1-6 numbers and a bunch of standard colored tiles. (I searched, but couldn't find a photo reference for all of them in one place, sorry.)

However, I live in the US, so there are several games not available to me at all still...

EDIT: (Oops, I forgot that Creationary has a die. That one has a house on red, tree on green, car on yellow, wrench on blue, question mark on black, and "2x" on orange.)
Mister Ed

Re: Lego board game die tiles...

Postby Draykov » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:09 pm

The best method I've come up with is to run a search in the Bricklink Catalog with the following search parameters:

Item Type: Parts
Category: Tile, Decorated
Years: 2009, 2010 (separate searches)
Search: 2 x 2

You'll pick up some stuff that's not from the games as well, but since most referential sources categorize them as existing parts (2x2 tile, decorated) rather than "game die tile," I think that's the best your gonna get short of some custom list I haven't seen yet.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Return to Original Themes