Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW STUFF] NinjaGo

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

[NEW STUFF] NinjaGo

Postby Draykov » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Apparently, a 2011 Retailers Catalog got leaked recently...pictures are getting harder to find. Apparently the LEGO Legal Eagles are coming down fast and furious. At any rate, another new theme has cropped up: NinjaGo! Ninjas plus funky skeletons, robo-dragons, throwing stars...and some other stuff. The latest LAML Radio podcast describes them in more detail (along with some other themes). Apparently, there's a card-collecting aspect to this theme.

* 2111 Kal
* 2112 Cole
* 2113 Zane
* 2114 Chopov
* 2115 Bonezai
* 2116 Krazi
* 2257 Spinjitzu Base Set
* 2258 Ninja Ambush
* 2259 Skeleton Chopper $9.99 USD / $12.99 CAD
* 2260 Ice Dragon $19.99 USD / $26.99 CAD
* 2263 Turbo-Shredder $29.99 USD / $39.99 CAD
* 2504 Dojo Centre $39.99 USD / $54.99 CAD
* 2505 Garmadon's Fortress
* 2516 Ninja Outpost
* 2519 Skeletal Bowling

Set list and image from Toys N Bricks.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: [NEW STUFF] NinjaGo

Postby xwingyoda » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:40 pm

For me the positive aspect of that line is the new skellie :p My undead army shall rise once again !! Also I really love all the new weapons (ninja star, nunchuk made of small chain + 2 new parts, bone !!) and the new skellie helmet and armor.

I'm afraid to see the price of just 1 fig: you have several figs sold separatly with a card, throwing roundy thing and 3 weapons :)

Apart from that I really don't like the design of the sets, and I really don't care for jelly beans ninja with their horrendous printed logo.
xwingyoda

Postby meeotch » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:39 pm

I listened to that LAML at work today and was wondering why pics hadn't been posted up here like they were for the Pharaoh's Quest, since the source was the same, but no problem. I was really excited about this line after hearing it talked about and vowed to look some pics up tonight. I just looked at them, and while I still like it, it's not as great as I imagined it. I like the big skeleton heads and just the ninjas in general. But I'm not sold on the melding of a Bakugan-type game structure built around a LEGO theme. I'm curious to see how this'll work out.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby that guy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

I agree that some of the new elements looks cool but I'm having flashbacks to the failed Knight Kingdom 'card game'....oh my head is hurting already. :facepalm:
that guy

Postby Pepa Quin » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:16 am

Go ninja go ninja go!
"Stupid is a condition. Ignorance is a choice." - Wiley Miller
Flickr | Bricklink
Pepa Quin

Postby Erahtapivar » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:06 am

For some reason, this really isn't appealing. To me, it kind of looks like the return of Exo-Force, which I really hoped wouldn't happen.
"Reality continues to ruin my life."--Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

"College or Bust!" at http://www.odddoodles.webs.com!
Erahtapivar

Postby that guy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:19 pm

Erahtapivar wrote:For some reason, this really isn't appealing. To me, it kind of looks like the return of Exo-Force, which I really hoped wouldn't happen.

Yeah I couldn't agree more, next thing you know they'll find a way to re-release Galidor.... :facepalm:
that guy

Postby Jargon » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:27 pm

This kind of theme makes me nervous, because it seems to ignore the brand refocusing they did circa 2005, if memory serves me well. LEGO is really good at being a construction toy. I'm skeptical that it will be just as good posing as a faux-Bakugan/card game.
Yes, I will likely buy some sets and enjoy the new pieces and minifigures, but I don't think that's why most consumers buy LEGO sets for their children.
Jargon

Postby Draykov » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:54 pm

Jargon wrote:This kind of theme makes me nervous, because it seems to ignore the brand refocusing they did circa 2005, if memory serves me well.

I wonder if they're confusing the fervor around Collectible Minifigs with general rabid collectitus among their target market. At any rate, this is sort of a hybrid experiment in that it does feature some more traditional sets. Anyone remember the Adventurer's/Orient Expedition theme collectible card game? Yeah, me neither.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby noone » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:30 am

noone

Postby that guy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:50 am

I choose you Pikachoo......oh wrong game.....Gate Card Set, time to brawl....oh shoot wrong game again...next I'll play a trap card....I play you 1x2 Light Bley and I'll attach a 1x1 stud for extra hit points...Dang it, I just can't figure out which game is which, I know one of these could be Lego but they all blend together now. Well at least I got a cool throwing star and staff out of it.... :facepalm:
that guy

Postby Isaac5 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:36 am

yay! ninjas!
Isaac5

Postby bobalego » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:35 am

Yeah this line is horrible the commercial for it is proof: ninjago
;)
bobalego

Postby Draykov » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:24 pm

What is this theme? I'm guessing several 12 year olds hopped up on Mountain Dew and Pixie Stix were involved in the development.

Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Robzula » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Draykov wrote:What is this theme? I'm guessing several 12 year olds hopped up on Mountain Dew and Pixie Stix were involved in the development.

I think that's a good assumption...

"What should the next LEGO line be, son?"

"NINJAS! And they're like old time ninjas... but they ride ROBOT DRAGONS and fight, uh... SKELETONS! No... SKELETON NINJAS! THAT DRIVE MONSTER TRUCKS! AND HAVE A SUPER HIGH TECH BASE!"

...and then the kid runs around the room screaming for a few seconds before sitting down and yelling at people on Halo.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby The Brain » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:26 pm

I can honestly say the only part of this theme I'm even somewhat in favor of are the new blue ninja headgear elements, and the greater abundance of white ones.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:38 pm

I lol'ed at the motorcycle.

Seriously, what the heck? A couple sets look okay, but this theme could have been so much... better.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:56 pm

I do like the bone element and what appears to be a shortened chain piece for nunchaku.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby OOM-9 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:18 am

Robzula wrote:
Draykov wrote:What is this theme? I'm guessing several 12 year olds hopped up on Mountain Dew and Pixie Stix were involved in the development.

I think that's a good assumption...

"What should the next LEGO line be, son?"

"NINJAS! And they're like old time ninjas... but they ride ROBOT DRAGONS and fight, uh... SKELETONS! No... SKELETON NINJAS! THAT DRIVE MONSTER TRUCKS! AND HAVE A SUPER HIGH TECH BASE!"

...and then the kid runs around the room screaming for a few seconds before sitting down and yelling at people on Halo.

That sounds about right! :lol: I see nothing worth my time with this theme apart from a few useful pieces... which are in the more exprensive sets. >:(
OOM-9

Postby Robzula » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Draykov wrote:I do like the bone element and what appears to be a shortened chain piece for nunchaku.

Yeah, there are some neat pieces, but you have to buy these less than desirable sets to get them.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Next

Return to Original Themes